1 (edited by computerdisco 2008-10-13 12:24:42)

Topic: India

Want to go in January for 3 weeks. Tips? Places?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Re: India

goa hahaha

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

well some crazy digger from berlin was down and he said : no chance, if you find records, they are all scratched till arrrrghhh.

cassettes are widely available though

4 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:24:51)

Must recommand Mumbai & even better the Howrah suburbs of Kolkata .. The ultimate chaos & urban mayhem on Planet Earth..

Not really bothered about crate digging in india. Plan so far is to Fly to Delhi and spend a couple of days acclimatising, Check out the Taj Mahal in Agra and back to Delhi. Then take the train through Raghastan to Jodhpur to see the Red fort. then back to Jaipur and then get a flight south to Panaji in Goa. Not decided where I will stay in Goa but stay there for 5 days or a week I will probably move round tho.. Then week three make my way back north via Mumbai..

just rent a bike and drive everywhere i heard its cheap and i would think very nice, bbbrrrrrmmm

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

jodhpur.. isn't that that "blue" town? think i saw it on a documentary once.. would like to go there too sometime in the future.

you will miss alot if use car for moving. Some amazing tunes in India heard on buses.(and loud) Music styles never knew there even exists! Punjabi music..nice smile and ofcourse trains are nice to travel. avoid the northern planes that time of year must be hot & dry.

i'll ask my lady when she gets back home.
she's been to india twice and never got the shits

keep hackney crap

That is real insider info!

You don't fancy going to the Golden Temple at Amritsar? Looking at your itinery perhaps you're not going to go that far north!

13 (edited by lucio robo 2008-10-17 13:03:30)

recommend you Mount Abu :

fine white  marbles temple + a marvellous neverdending thali for 1

No somo Roberto Succo

Looks Fantastic

sounds like an amazing trip CD smile can't be of any help with suggestions (the closest i've ever got was reading a book written by Mark Tully about his travels in India) but have a great one when it comes.

That sounds like an interresting vacation your planning there! Jodhpur is magical, the fort is the most impressive ive ever seen! Dont spend to many days in Delhi, there isnt that much to do there besides loads of cows, streetdogs, riksjas, tuk tuks and polution. Varanasi is India at his best, so better not skip it! If your going to Goa the best beach to stay is Arambol, the most northern beach. There is a good vibe there, better then the party beaches Anjuna and Vagator. Lots of things to do there to, Yoga and other courses and almost everynight there is live music on the beach. Since last year there are lots of time restrictions and the police cracked down lots of things and parties so Goa isnt what it used to be but its still great. Check out the best juice bar of India in Chapora, just in the middle of the village. Funny characters hang out there too!! Renting a scooter is a very good idea to explore Goa. Beware for russians....

The golden temple in Amritsar is also a good option, that place is incredibly serene! Kashmir and Ladack is too cold in januari, so probably thats no option.

A must read is Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, a very very good book!

By the way i did some record digging in an old musicstore in Delhi and found loads of records there but like already said, most of them broken and full of scratches. I bough almost 40 good ones, although i couldnt listen to them. I shipped them home so they are waiting for me when im back home, maybe in 3 months from now.

I spend 8 months cycling around India and been to almost every state so if you have more questions let me know Enjoy incredible India!!! My favorite country!

Here some pictures of my Inda journey> http://wprinsen.web-log.nl/photos/india/index.html

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

Awesome pics Prinsen, love the Himalaya pic or this one http://wprinsen.web-log.nl/photos/india … alley.html i remember your trip half around the globe some years ago wasnt it?

Compdisco> Have a nice time down there bud

be careful when visiting GOA

i hate soccer

@ Cray> Im still cycling around, 18 months away from home already. At the moment im riding through Bolivia, my 11th country of this crazy journey. I will try to reach Bogota in Colombia via Peru and Equador and then my money will probably finished, finally. Some 3 months more and then back to the system...... aaaaarghh!!!

@Dolcevita> That was my problem too, i was planning to stay 1 week in Goa and ended up staying 7 weeks! Wich was a great time!

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

20 (edited by lucio robo 2008-10-21 12:28:46)

cool cyclo Prinsen wink

http://wprinsen.web-log.nl/photos/india/dsc00268.html

No somo Roberto Succo

Amazing stuff as ever Prinsten, I expect I will ping you a mail when it gets a bit closer.

hey computerdisco:
do you still go or too afraid of terror?
i will start on 3rd of january

i hate soccer

back from india.
will post some pics soon ...

i hate soccer

hope so

No somo Roberto Succo