Topic: love theme from flexxy-ball

anyone has problem with this record?

I have a copy of it and it sounds awful, the beginning of the vocal side has a huge background noise, but the record looks new, and I washed twice...

it makes me mad

Re: love theme from flexxy-ball

my copy has also background noises, but I always thought it was a problem only on my copy !

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES

hey x-bobo

can you record the first 30 seconds of your copy? I'll do mine so we can compare if it is the same or not... I ask a friend and he sais his has no background noise. do you have it on hole records?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/501978458593d72f/

here is my copy 8 (first 40 seconds)

Got it from Hole too.... No noise on my copy...

To listen is to learn

that record is just to loud, maybe has something to do with the original recordings
they pushed the limits to far.
no noise on my copy just distortion

Vlam Aan

yeah, i always thought my original copy sounded like it was recorded too loud.

then I think I have to find another copy. shit... I wonder if it can be saved. any idea?

...buy the ZYX pressing.....

Orgel!

when i heard the Live At The Stubnitz version i thought it was far better then original , glad to see it got a proper recording on new cd.

INTERFUNK wrote:

...buy the ZYX pressing.....

I mean, if my record can be saved, perhaps with one of those magic liquids I dunno what, to clean the records.

zyx sounds perfect

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

No problems with my Hole copy either.
But "looks mint" don't mean much in the world of italo.. you should hear my "NM" copy of Nite Lite - "Baby Don't You Know" hmm

I'm going now to professionally wash it, see if it gets better...

I know what you mean G.

No noise-problems here on my Hole-copy. Used to have an extra copy on Hole: also no noise-problems.

"Are you loving?"

well, washed the record, no changes whatsoever. so, it is the record... shit, fucked.

but hey, thank you jamesTr, what I would do without you!

"it's very difficult" !!!

most complicated robot wrote:

well, washed the record, no changes whatsoever. so, it is the record... shit, fucked.

Looks like your copy will "never change no more". tongue

Buy another. They're not that hard to find I think.

"Are you loving?"

lol, yes, it'll never change no more, even when the years go by...

jamesTrubotink gave me one spare of his... thank you!!!

19 (edited by jogi 2008-10-27 10:10:27)

ciao scarface,

there are a few copies of "Flexxy-Ball" on market which were not pressed very well.
it makes no sense to wash it again and again...
in the past i had to buy 3 copies until i got a "good" one...

well, there are a few more special things in our nice italo world...
also take care of

MIKO MISSION "The world is you" ....only buy the pressing with "BIS" in label code..1st pressing: deformed sound!
JOCK HATTLE "To be or not to be" ..only buy the pressing with "BIS" in label code..1st pressing: deformed sound!
WISHKEY "Orient express" ..only buy pressing with "BIS" in label code...1st pressing: muffled and no clear sound...

also take care when you buy

DIVIACCHI "Waiting for heaven"...some copies have a wrong centered hole...needle stirs around badly...
JACO "Spanish run" ...some copies have bad pressing noises at the first 40 sec. (both sides)
KATA "Fires in the night"....some copies are not centered very well...needle stirs around badly..deformed sound..
FRANK TAVAGLIONE "Tumidanda"...some copies were not pressed exactly...you can hear a kind of "bump" parallel
to the beat...
ROSE "Memories"....B-Side instrumental has some "deformed" sound-parts...probably all italian copies!
SENSITIVE "Give me"...there is an audible (and visible!) scratch in the pressing ("plop" during the last 2 min.), probably all copies!

just to mention a few examples...

jogi, you are the true knowledge that we should all refer to smile

still you didn't tell me how much you payed for the magic sound aldin... and, I never listened to it, is it good?

ciao mcr!

thanks for compliments. but all i do is sharing my experiences with other freaks.
...i don

I've been already there and saw the cover, but still, I'm very curious, do you have a snippet? I want to know how does it sound the rarest italo disco record ever.

all is ok with my copy from hole records... no noise there..

Bought this CD http://www.clone.nl/item13229.html today. Flexxy-ball is on it... I hear no noise but the track sounds also too loud in some parts I think, like the record. Must be the recording then.

"Are you loving?"