Re: Ikea Expedit For Records

25 x 115 = 2875
oh shit a friend of mine has 4 or 5 expedits (5 x5) then he has for sure more than 10000 records.
i have one expedit but records for another one in my cellar...

i hate soccer

MenschMaschine wrote:

I think one shelf can hold about 115 records

more like 90, max

people people, let's not fight. Call it an even 100.

Indeed, a 100 is possible if you don't use protective sleeves.

This week we plan to finish the 2nd floor with 4 - 4x4 and 3 - 4x2 Expedits. It's gonna look like a library :-)
Thx ikea for the sale on the right moment!

Flagio wrote:

This week we plan to finish the 2nd floor with 4 - 4x4 and 3 - 4x2 Expedits. It's gonna look like a library :-)
Thx ikea for the sale on the right moment!

damm heavy

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

That's what always worried me when I had my records on the 1st floor... all that weight in one spot.

but we live in a 'rijtjeshuis' with solid concrete floors, should be good. Also I have it spread all over the floor.
maybe I should let a constructor look at the situation.....

INDECS wrote:

That's what always worried me when I had my records on the 1st floor... all that weight in one spot.

same here
a friend who's a building inspector said: "nothing to worry about as long as they'r close to the walls

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

shit now I'm worried!

De zolder

http://www.outlab.net/P3200003.jpg

Your house is the epic centre of coolexxness

thx!

Lovely dramatic lighting too smile

records everywhere and more smile but did you listen at least once to all those records?

e,r wrote:
INDECS wrote:

same here
a friend who's a building inspector said: "nothing to worry about as long as they'r close to the walls

you need bulding inspector to figure that out?

INDECS wrote:

2 years ago I built my own DJ desk from some MDF wood. Cost me around 70 euros painted and everything.
It takes some time and effort but it's fun to do, cheap and custom built for my height. I can fit my whole stereo set in there, about 800 records plus some CD and crap. It consists of two seperate parts for more strenght, and it's more convenient than one big desk when you're moving it. Height is 101cm for comfortable mixing when you're a bit taller.
The rest of my records are in two Expedits (5x5 + 4x4) on the other side of the room.

http://i43.tinypic.com/jrfygn.jpg

the rodec is the shit, super nice mixer, good choice

well that's a problem indeed. First priority was to store them. At first we had 60 banana boxes all over the floor. Couldn't even reach a turntable anymore! Now the dust & smell is gone we finally can enjoy them. Have still to listen to 70% of them all.

Dj most complicated in the house

would love to have the money to build a whole record rack with stuff from USM HALLER

i hate soccer

i have built me a 5x4 EXPEDIT out of 2 ones - finally i have lot of parts left which i would give away for free when someone would like to pick them up - they are in this color:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/33/7e/9473_2.JPG

maybe some germans are interested?

Orgel!