Topic: Alesis MMT-8 Blank LED

Just purchased one minus the power supply. I got it to power up with a couple of different 9V adapters, but the LED readout is blank!  It lights up but blank.  I've read that it needs the perfect power source to work right. Has any one ever seen this? I'm hoping the right adapter will make it work. Do you think it's broken?

Re: Alesis MMT-8 Blank LED

pretty sure the MMT-8 and HR-16 take 9VAC.. you could've fried it if you plugged in a 9VDC adapter.  its also worth opening up and checking/reseating connectors of the ribbon cable that runs from the LED to the main board.

thats very possible, though when you do that, you usually fry the whole thing and not just the display.. i did it with an sr16 once..

if the display is blank, it can also mean that it doesn't power up its OS, so check if the OS chip is there, and if its seated correctly in its slot.. it's the one with the big sticker on it. or if you can find a second mmt8, swap chips.. usually if a display is broken it either doesn't work at all, or the whole thing goes black.. this doesn't sound like a display problem..

Got it working! it needed the right power supply. I used one from an Alesis 3630.