Topic: Drugs tests at work

hi guys.

. i know this has beeen discussed before.but i have an interview on the 24th with BAE systems a defence contracter, even for the interview I have to under-take counter-terrorism clearance etc and all sorts..they bacislly wanna know everything about me, and are likely to urine test me.

in all honesty, i've taken just about every narcotic know to man in the last month..sooo yeah, im fucked aren:t I?.

do you lot have any link to info about how long things stay in your system(i know cannabis is like 6 months)..

or..do you have any prayers to make me piss holy water?

Let's get Dumb

2 (edited by meschi 2008-11-12 20:33:39)

Re: Drugs tests at work

weeds the longest. can be as much as 30-60 days
everything else is usually cleared your system in 3-4 days apart from heroin which takes 2

I checked this shit a while ago cause I can be 'randomly' tested in my work.

ill try and find the link

found it:

slightly out by the weed smile haha and heroin... dont listen to me, listen to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test

easy. just bring some child piss with you or someones you know to be clean. no one will watch you pee. most likely you'll be sent to the mens room unaccompanied.

ronin wrote:

easy. just bring some child piss with you or someones you know to be clean. no one will watch you pee. most likely you'll be sent to the mens room unaccompanied.

haha, in a wee sandwich bag.

this will do

http://www.aximax.nl/catalog/images/nijntje/0404076.jpg

but do not the classic and let a pregnant women piss for you wink

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

Haha most likely they check your piss. That's good for you because most drugs is not to be traced anymore when you havent been using any for 10 days.

Strictly Rockaas

elec pt.1 wrote:

but do not the classic and let a pregnant women piss for you wink

tongue well sir, unfortunately we can't offer you a job. but on the plus side...

ronin wrote:

.. or someones you know to be clean. .

I don't know anyone thats 'clean'.....all my mates are drugged up waste's of space.

@meschi....how do u handle the fact of random tests?....do u mostly not take anything or wat?

i been smokin weed for 15years or soo...im sure thats gonna show up on some test, i should probly just not bother showing up for the interview

Let's get Dumb

10 (edited by heifetz 2008-11-12 21:17:38)

just tell them outright you've been smoking it up lately. chances are the people interviewing you have also and will say it's ok. or, maybe not...

Say you re a rastafarai and your religion requires you to smoke marijuana

No somo Roberto Succo

12 (edited by zora 2008-11-12 21:34:21)

i think theres some detox-/ purification tea, that might help. should be gettable in every drugstore. drink a lot. dont know how long it takes though. best is, tell the druggist (or even your doc) what you need and why and ask him what he recommends.
ah yeah, and better not take anything till after the test (but that should go without saying, no?).

.."this world`s a bubble"..

I thought I was in a similar boat a few years ago when I was sent for a company-policy standard medical check in France...general examination including urine test, when I'd also been caning it quite heavily. Turned out it was only checking for illnesses or infections and so on...

child-pish gets my vote...i have seen teas & detox capsules around, but know no-one who's ever tried either, never mind successfully. fingers crossed for you DB.

yeah i think those detox teas and such work really well from various people i have talked to that deal with the gov't around here. but zora's right, talk to the pharmacist and ask them.

if you like partying it up though, that job sounds like you are going to have tons of random checks so if it's going to cause you to constantly be worried and stressed, might not be worth it.

all else fails, follow lucio's advice.

worship the potentiometer.

I recommend a childs pee.  might be hard to get it out of them tho big_smile

you could also try the passive smoking route, it routinely works for snowboarders in the winter olympics
passive snorting might be a bit more difficult though.

what kind of job are you going for with a defence contractor might i ask?

keep hackney crap

Have a pooh instead thus creating a smokescreen and will no doubt bypass you for the interview and be frog marched off the prospective employers' premises.

Seriously though, go clean for a few weeks and drink lots of water.

screenvinylimage wrote:

if you like partying it up though, that job sounds like you are going to have tons of random checks so if it's going to cause you to constantly be worried and stressed, might not be worth it.

uuh..yeah thats what i was thinking.....either i bite the bullet & change my entire way of life(which hasn't changed all that much in 14years).

sad, that you cant find a challenging, interesting job...and not indulge in the odd spliff(im not even a heavy smoker, at wkends....and only maybe once a month anything stronger)

@byron as for the job....it's an enviromental test technician, I only have a sketchy job description to go by(its all very secretive)..but it involves becoming qualified a radiographer, dynamic testing vibration/shock , accelerometer use..at a guess, it could be testing storage & transportation vessels for munitions(or other volatile substances), smth..i really don';t knw exact details.

anyway, thanks all for the input.....i didn't get the job by along shot, there is probly a million applicants

im still in a really confused state of mind..maybe this isn;t the right thing for someone like me.

but what is then?

Let's get Dumb

Only dumb people take drugs.

remind me of my bording school: an english guy had special pills to clean the urin. Don't know if it was working, i never took the risk: clean urin from another guy was better

You should have asked sander to send his in a bottle for 20$ then you would have probably got the job ;p

no way, he has acid in his bones wink

DumbBot wrote:

@meschi....how do u handle the fact of random tests?....do u mostly not take anything or wat?

I basically chance it.

I try not to smoke weed. hardly ever do so in any case thats 7 days.

my work also wont sack you, they will pay for you to go to rehab. its vedry hard to get sacked where im working.

its meant to be random, but they only ever do it if they have reason to. some guy got caught on our recorded telephones talking about his weekend. his own stupid fault.

technically it can be random though.

24 (edited by dirtieblonde 2008-11-14 00:18:04)

Do you guys have this gatorade stuff called redi-clean over there? It works, just don't use the x-tra strength because it dilutes your sample, which could result in additional screening, which was how I ended up having to take a hair test.

There is a work around too, if you use a detox product, take creatine with it, it will make it so that sample isn't diluted.

Don't use other people's urine! There are ways they can test for that too. It's easy to tell if it's kid's pee vs. adult pee, and woman vs. man (hormones).

dirtieblonde wrote:

Don't use other people's urine! There are ways they can test for that too. It's easy to tell if it's kid's pee vs. adult pee, and woman vs. man (hormones).

whoops...& i thought Withnail only failed cause he was shit-faced...