Topic: Fad Gadget

Is brilliant.

That is all.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: Fad Gadget

Not a scoop ! but WORD haha big_smile

I know "Lady Shave" and "Coitus Interruptus"and both are quite good IMO. Any other tracks to check out?

Back to nature.

Love Parasite is pretty good, if I recall.

yeah, the love parasite rocks smile

Ricky's Hand and State Of The Nation

Newsreel & Incontinent

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

'life on the line' is all got from fg and i like it.

i hear you

were headliner after depeche mode once. ace group!

stimmungskanone187 wrote:

were headliner after depeche mode once. ace group!

It was on the Exciter tour 2001, I saw them both in Copenhagen. It was my first encounter with FG, and I really liked it. Then he died sad

Leo Slayer wrote:

Is brilliant.

That is all.

he was brilliant big_smile    but you are right,  cool

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

13 (edited by zora 2008-11-20 13:14:38)

[quote=Techn

.."this world`s a bubble"..

[quote=Techn

Vlam Aan

no, I don`t think so

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Some really stand out tunes - Lady Shave, Life on the line, ricky's hand, love parasite (one of my favs) but a little too inconsistent.

Arch Of The Aorta is also one of his finest moments, almost monumental track.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

I like collapsing new people alot. I'm always on the look out for the fireside favourites album and back to nature 7" though.

one of my favs! in top ten perhaps..though don't know which the other nine are big_smile

from all the above mentioned tunes i think that played 'ricky's hand' the most. that one makes everyone crazy on the dancefloor. fav tunes are the box and back to nature. for those who don't know the music, this is a good release to check

http://www.discogs.com/release/46364

saw FG at the exciter tour..that was just around a year before frank tovey died.

20 (edited by byron 2008-11-21 12:43:56)

Sham wrote:

I like collapsing new people alot. I'm always on the look out for the fireside favourites album and back to nature 7" though.

i have the album at home gathering dust.
if you fancy a trade of some sort email me as i am not a huge fan of the man

keep hackney crap

Thanks for your suggestions, have been checking out their stuff. So-so, not bad, but IMO, something's missing.

collapsing new people:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGXBjwifubI[/youtube]

and my favourite, back to nature:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnTUJnaEow[/youtube]

As my favourite FG song I have to recommend "The Ring". It's on the "GAG" record.
Very "poppy" song with beautiful chorus. Tip!!

Also like the music of Fad Gadget very much.
As a long time depeche MODE lover, it was only a question of time to get in touch with his music. wink
But I bought all his albums BEFORE, I saw him live 2 times @ depeche's 2001 tour!
These shows were very crazy and cool. (maybe more "exciting" than the depeche MODE shows back then in 2001 wink )

@ Ricky's Hand, he drilled himself in his hand with a drill machine. big_smile -> Blood squeezed all around the stage and on this white lab-coat. big_smile Ok, later you he showed it was a fake hand made of plasic or something. -> He impaled the hand with the drilling machine and threw it into the crowd. -> On one show, someone of the "only depeche devoted audience" threw it back in the stage. *lol*

@ Back to nature he climed on a high ladder - while he was singing (!) and hung up there only with his legs, with his head in direction to the ground! Crazy man! (I always was afraid, he could tumble down...)

And hey, look at him in 2001/2002. This guy was 45 and looked great like 30 or something. Really a shame he had to die so early. sad

R.I.P. Frank!

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

WOW @ Collapsing New People !!
what a great track !
That screaming metallic synth sound gets directly to my spine

i really love this forum for these kind of introductions, thanks robots smile