Topic: Which mixer should I buy????

Need to buy a new mixer. I've been using a Vestac PMC 06 as it takes up very little space, but it's a scratch mixer so it doesn't really suit me and now I want to upgrade. Question is, what to?

Having read around I've found 3 interesting looking options, of varying prices, but can't decent which one represents the best value. Should I go for:

Re: Which mixer should I buy????

Well the Ecler is much cheaper than the other 2.  I have a Nuo 3 and it's awesome.

Depends how many channels you want, and how much you want to spend I guess?

Ecler's are probably the best value for many mixers you can get, in my opinion anyway.

Xone all the way, best mixer smile

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Using an old Ecler SMAC 42 mixer for years now, great quality (with 4 channels) sounds very transperent and uncolored. Good solid knobs and sliders...

Strictly Rockaas

I like me Vestax PCV 275:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/79bdb72fc8b5395077b30bc880546548.jpg

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

how expensive is the Xone in Europe/US?  they cost a fortune in OZ.

cheers guys - that's all very much appreciated!

ramos, the xone 32 is about

Have a play with it in a store first, I can't stand the up faders on them (production mixer faders).  The sound quality and build is awesome though.

http://www.audioweb.nl/shop/images/uploads/Dateq_xtc2.jpg

I don't get how some companies choose to put production mixer faders on a dj mixer..  Can't stand them.

hadn't thought of that - cheers for the tip off.

i have the ecler evo4 here for testing at the moment, and that is one hard rocking mixer. it has effect possibilities i have never seen on any other dj mixer before.

the xtc II is nice, but has some really odd behaviour in the digital parts.. for instance you are not free to decide which channels go to the crossfader, only certain combinations are possible. and on the one i had here, you could easily cut your hands open on the sharp edges of the case..

how come you get to test it rude?

i write equipment reviews for a magazine..

Is that XTC2 any good David?......I have the first model now and Im curious about this one

ecler rocks. end of.

Recently bought the Ecler Nuo 3 for 500 euro. 3 channels and great equalizers. Best you can get for that money!

thanks again guys. I order the Xone late last night after a lot of deliberation, but wondering if the Ecler might have been a better choice having checked in on the the thread again :S.

Zone32 is almost a good mixer, high build quality (dont really know about the filter, dont use them)etc....except for the baffling decision to but the gains on the back of the mixer??wtf..i couldn't get my head around that.

Loads of ppl love those Eclers, but my mate has one...and altho nice, i found the enormous plastic EQ knobs cheap....and the channel faders somewhat scatchy, but thats only my opinion.

I would have recommended the Empath as thats what i've had for the last 5 years or so...and i love it, but it still retails for nearly

Let's get Dumb

cheers dumbbot. Yeah - I think the empath was definitely the best of the lot, but I just couldn't stretch my money that far at the moment. Maybe one day though...