Topic: Garagaband entering notes with the mouse

I have this macintosh apple computer that has a program called garageband

Is it possible to enter notes with the mouse in the piano roll/grid editor? Or can you only change the notes you entered with the keyboard? I can't seem to figure it out there is no icon for it and there doesn't seem to be anything on the subject in the video cursus uh manual

Re: Garagaband entering notes with the mouse

use audacity it is free and shit..

or quit being a retard and get ableon or logic

yeaheyah I know that I've got Audacity but Garageband seems to have a piano roll editor

I am already over it, I just want to know if its possible to enter notes with the mouse

What is the difference between Logic Express and Logic Studio (apart from the price)?

one of them is fancier and comes with a bunch of plugins

5 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2009-01-01 01:21:40)

Hey Squadra,

command+click on the instrument track to create a new loop, select it or click on the scissors button next to the eye to bring up the note editor. command+click to create new notes

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/3154259791_ffbc0d4df0_o.jpg

6 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-01-02 08:08:28)

ok thanks need to get used to this command button

Or put a mouse on it wink

Even with a Mighty Mouse you can change your mouse settings in preferences, so you don't need to use command + click to do a 'right click'.

8 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-01-02 12:57:49)

Oh, since you didn't say which mac you've got there: I believe you can also do it on a MacBook / MackBook pro, but then then you have to adjust the trackpad to be used with two fingers. Then tapping the trackpad equals a right click (or secondary click as mac calls it).

edit: that's trackpad, not trackpath big_smile