1 (edited by soviet 2009-01-12 19:37:07)

Topic: Linear Movement - On The Screen (Minimal Wave)

Here it is, the latest release from Minimal Wave, the highly anticipated On The Screen LP by Linear Movement.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09031/front581.jpg

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09031/back810.jpg

Pressed on 180 gram vinyl, each copy is hand numbered and comes with a glossy postcard of the band.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09031/insert586.jpg

Track list:

A1 Way Out Of Living
A2 Cytogenetic Movement
A3 In My Head
A4 Five Faces
B1 The Game
B2 Due To You
B3 I Think I'm By You
B4 To Another Soul
B5 On The Screen

Check the sound samples here.

The records are ready to ship, and you can purchase your copy here.

Also, if you're in NYC tomorrow (Tuesday the 13th), there will be a release party for the record at K&M bar on North 8th and Roebling in Brooklyn. You can hear and buy the record there, and of course, Veronica herself will be DJing.

Re: Linear Movement - On The Screen (Minimal Wave)

don't forget jordan's nice flier for tomorrow:

http://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1925/68/69/28600054/n28600054_30719946_555.jpg

it is a good one..

great release, ordered

Vlam Aan

Pretty amazing stuff, "Cytogenetic Movement" is killer.

I can't wait to get hold of this, awesome release! smile

"Fuel critical"...He didn't wanna say 'critical'..."Rog"

The record is okay but hey... Cytogenetic Movement was already released on Reminiscent and The Game was on the MW's compy that's still available. Why to include 'em again instead of putting out some yet unreleased stuff?

lärm macht spass!

I only know "The Game" but tis killer.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

9 (edited by soviet 2009-01-13 17:53:11)

deutschmark wrote:

The record is okay but hey... Cytogenetic Movement was already released on Reminiscent and The Game was on the MW's compy that's still available. Why to include 'em again instead of putting out some yet unreleased stuff?

They were included because they're both fantastic tracks. It's not always about presenting people with unreleased material, but a nice, solid selection of tracks.

And so what if Cytogenetic Movement has been pressed before? Do you expect people to buy the Reminiscent box for 200 euro on discogs if they wanna listen to it on vinyl? There's only one copy for sale, you know.

It would be one thing if they were crappy tracks, but I just don't understand the point in complaining about great tracks being cut to vinyl.

the record wouldn't be complete without those tracks imo.

and they are showing COMPUTER CHRONICLES on that party!! stewart chiefet

some people just like to complain rather than doing something about it.

nice, was waiting for the record. ordered. nice artwork!

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

soviet wrote:

And so what if Cytogenetic Movement has been pressed before? Do you expect people to buy the Reminiscent box for 200 euro on discogs if they wanna listen to it on vinyl?

I did so. smile No offense, it was just curiosity. And I ordered the record by the way, just waiting for the Sudeten Creche 12".

lärm macht spass!

@ deutschmark - i had the same complaint, heh... veronica says the other LM unreleased tracks will see the light of day soon enough, though... there is so much other great LM and autumn material, so there will probably be future MW releases...
going to grab a copy tonight, very excited smile

15 (edited by captain duran 2009-01-30 15:27:39)

-

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

hans olof wrote:

the record wouldn't be complete without those tracks imo.

and they are showing COMPUTER CHRONICLES on that party!! stewart chiefet

Monkey see, monkey do.

I recently bought this release on Juno in .wav format, but I'm not too impressed by the soundquality..
Any remarks about the LP?
Songs remain A+ of course smile

the sound on LP varies too, some tracks are not in the best quality, yes. anyways, nice record imo.

discogs sales 

it is a GZ pressing... says enough... I never press there for this reason... you can press on ultra heavy vinyl and still you can get shitty records from them...

L' Inquisition

ok, thanks for the info
maybe the stuff that is available on 12" or cd will have a better soundquality? e.g. Stereo, Oppenheimer, Sudeten Creche, ...
I'm planning to buy some more releases in .wav format, but if the vinyl is better I would prefer those..

It's my favourite LP on MW, killer release, the sound is ok for me.
PS, Kim, http://www.micrart.com/twr/twrindex.htm  ---> you can buy digital stuff from Twilight Ritual there.

"A Real Music Hater"

23 (edited by captain duran 2010-02-11 17:58:39)

ET wrote:

it is a GZ pressing... says enough... I never press there for this reason... you can press on ultra heavy vinyl and still you can get shitty records from them...

huh? I didnt knew that MW`s Linear Movement is pressed at GZ (a shame big_smile) hehe. Is it true? I thought the mastering was maybe not the best, or the orig. tapes`quality is not good at some tracks...

discogs sales 

as far as I know all MW records come from GZ... as far as V has told me and I have seen at the boxes in which they were shipped to me for those I had in my webshop...

that would explain why some of them don't sound good.. with the right tools and good mastering, even tracks from tape can sound decent. i've wondered  if some of these reissue labels (not just MW) do anything about the original tracks. a little eq and limiting, and a good cutter/ pressing plant can make a world of difference..

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → New Releases → Linear Movement - On The Screen (Minimal Wave)