Topic: Bernard Fevre - Dali Edit

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

i know a few out there will say now: what a motherfucker, why is he doin this?
i will tell you.
i love this track a lot. i can say iam in love. but everytime i listened to it i had the problem, that it is simply too short!!! the time to dance between i push the play button and the track is finished, is even too short to call it warmup.
the other thing is, that i want to check my skills in doing Edits. i have never done this before.
the file i used for editing is not as good as i want it. 
if you like the edit and you have the best quality Dali.wav in the world , you can send it and i will see what i can do.
my edit run was so nice, that i have done for all the ravers a speedy up version in 118 bmp tongue

sooo enough bla bla bla , here it is for everyone who wont to dance so close to his turntable or pc:

Bernard Fevre - Dali Edit

Bernard Fevre - Dali Edit 118 Bpm - Rave Version wink

Frisbee is my passion

Re: Bernard Fevre - Dali Edit

edit 1 is cool

the rave version is not mine (too old for the fast) big_smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Don't excuse yourself for making an edit! That's how we roll in this modern day world!

sL wrote:

sooo enough bla bla bla , here it is for everyone who wont to dance so close to his turntable or pc:

you cant play mp3 on turntables

anyone who wants to dj this mp3 is an idiot if they cant make this edit themselves.

i dont get why anyone posts stuff like this

i totally get why you made it

but why post it on the internet?

to show off edit skillz?

because he can

@mensch, the fact you do something purely because you can has its merits , but come on, use it in a mix and post that or something.

8 (edited by sL 2009-01-14 22:29:53)

@Mr Maximal - jes i know but iam not that edit fan. i was so hot to check how can i realize such a edit and how does it sound when it is finished. now i know. i thought, maybe there are a few Bernard Fans (like me) and they will be happy if the have a longer verion of this track. i hope i get no right problems.

@mensch - thanks

@ Capitano Duran - jeah neighbour i know, but i want to check the time stretch function smile

@black shape -  i think you dont understand the meaning of the text. read it again please. sentence by sentence 
                        Danke ....

Frisbee is my passion

What's wrong with giving away an edit he made?

At least he's not selling it.

haha posting in cool thread

yes finally! it's been too long since we had an edit debate

Not bad, I personally find the cut points a bit abrupt, but still enjoyable.
I look forward to your next edits smile

i did read it sentence by sentence

14 (edited by sL 2009-01-15 18:22:11)

are there still questions , Black shape ?

@hysteric - thanks, but i have done both in 2 hours and i dont want to spend more time with it.
one edit will follow soon. i want to spend more time with this one, because i think this one makes everyone cry. it is taken from an old hungary vinyl and goes only straight forward

Frisbee is my passion

NO NO NO, you're doing this all wrong.

First, you gotta make sure that you are credited as the artist (its you playing those synths/singing after all), then you have to make a nice fake track name like "Oogie Boogie Bounce" or "Space Trans Mission" (remember if anyone asks, dont tell them the real name, never admit anything!) Then release it on one of those bootleg labels that have things like "for djs use only"/"dj tools"/"dj weapons" as their tag-line. As a guideline, if you spent more than 1 minute cutting a verse/looping something, ITS YOUR TRACK, FUCK THE ORIGINAL ARTIST. Final step - put that shit on some digital download sites to make money like a Russian mp3 gangster and you'll be getting dj gigs across Europe in no time.

lol

@rawshark - thanks for the information wink but iam not interrested in doin this

Frisbee is my passion