Topic: Moby!

It happened that I am now heavenly into Moby. To me he is one of the greatest songwriters ever and I see him DJing here to get some money, what is really strange. I don't like his DJing, but he is such a great songwriter.

What is your Moby fave?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Re: Moby!

Move

lärm macht spass!

Funny. I've just rediscovered my copy of the Garnier mix of Moby's "Hymn". Quite remarkable that at the time of it's release I wrote it off as rave gear but really it's quite good, innit?

Is all sound music?

Sorry I disagree. sad

All Moby's successes come off the back of other people's creativity:

Move = Angelo Badalamenti's Twin Peaks theme

Play =1920s blues musicians who earned nothing from the copyright

what he said^

plus people keep asking me if i'm moby which is not a good thing

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

iamelectron wrote:

what he said^

plus people keep asking me if i'm moby which is not a good thing

oops!

7 (edited by EliasRafael 2009-01-14 00:34:12)

_Black_Acrylic wrote:

Sorry I disagree. sad

All Moby's successes come off the back of other people's creativity:

Move = Angelo Badalamenti's Twin Peaks theme

??? you mean Go ? and the whole ablum Play was stolen?

Well, I never was a Moby fan, but recently I started to like his songs.

Disco Lies
Raining Again
We are all made of stars

even if they are all stolen, then he is still a great interpreter.

But as I assumed, it would be harder to find someone who says he likes Moby than vice versa.
Therefore I think he is very underrated, people just don't give a shit, because he is so anti-underground, that even my mom knows him.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

i like the cover version he did of "new dawn fades" by jd for heat! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2q7cGKFFWM
the only other track i know by him is "go". but never really liked it.

Underrated? He's a big star, isn't he? Try any other board and you'll find plenty of admirers.

_Black_Acrylic wrote:

Were all those guys out of copyright? I assumed that their families would be getting some royalties. If not then it sucks that Moby licensed that music to sell cars and shit hmm

A friend gave me a record of his not too long ago called Mulholland which is pretty cool...has a really nice string, it reminds me a little of Claro Intelecto or something

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Elias, I am surprised by you. I never saw him as "songwriter", more than a recycler with heavy success in the masses. "Go!" I own, but I am a Twin Peaks fan, and it was a charming piece of pop at the time. And I think I liked the "Why does my heart..." He made some catchy melodies/tracks, but ... I don`t know. Is there a hype I missed big_smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

i saw moby dj a rave set a few years ago. that was sort of good.
never liked any of his music, tho.

EliasRafael wrote:

It happened that I am now heavenly into Moby. To me he is one of the greatest songwriters ever and I see him DJing here to get some money, what is really strange. I don't like his DJing, but he is such a great songwriter.

What is your Moby fave?

Someone hacked your R4R account? tongue

15 (edited by neferos 2009-01-14 09:10:16)

EliasRafael wrote:

What is your Moby fave?

none since go!

edit: or move, nevermind.

Mobility was realy great when it came out, much better then Go, but then there was a Go remix I particulary liked.
and of course that UHF hardcore rekid that got licensed to Xl was the shit with the early hardcore techno headz.
did not get into his later stuff. but you could not escape Play if youre an espresso lover,  thought it was good for what it was

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

Moby is terrible

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I love "THOUSAND" ....

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Bought the cd play when I was like 15 and didnt know jack shit but hiphop. Played it like twice. He does have some more 'rave' era kinda tracks no, that are classics?

Moby is pants and his stuff has aged really badly - like Orbital!

funny, I also have a friend, great record collector as you (well maybe less, as your collection has no end...) who fell lately in love with Beck: is that a side effect of having "too much" vinyls ?

Troll!

Gooooooooooooooooo !

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES

Beck sucks too

Dangerous waters here robots...whats next, a britney spears topic? Watch out for that maelstrom called bad taste  tongue

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."