Re: Moby!

Moby hit on my girlfriend at a loft party in new york (before she was my girlfriend)...true story.

She said he asked, "do you know who I am?"

Dez wrote:

She said he asked, "do you know who I am?"

What did she say?

"Yer, you're Richie Hawtin!"

???

Is all sound music?

moby is gay !! dez, do I have to understand something behind your word? smile

purportedly bisexual

where is EliasRafael ?

56 (edited by Vomatron 2009-01-15 19:28:10)

Yeah...this reminds me of that old prank where you light fire to a dog-turd on someones doorstep and ring the bell...and afterwards run into the bushes to observe the action as people try to put it out

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

my phone came with only one mp3 installed on it out of the box...and u can guess who's it was and how long it lasted on the phone memory

don't tell me you like vanilla ice & will smith for their songwriting talents too jens?

well, a few months ago I would have shared all these bad feelings about Moby, I didn't even like his old school stuff very much, but then I was forced to listen to some more commercial radio for some reasons, and I started to like some new stuff like MGMT, Kate Perry (more blame on me) and also Moby - After some extensive Youtube sessions I noticed I really dig some of his hit singles he made in recent years.

A song like "We are all made of stars" really evokes sentimental feelings:
People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now
'Cause we are all made of stars

For some strange reasons Moby seems to be a "Feindbild" for true underground people - I mean someone has even mentionedBritney here... but Moby is a good producer, he can sing very well, he seems to be a decent songwriter, and he has also embraced a wide range of musical styles.
And I have started this threat to find out if someone else has a secret preference for his recent work and maybe would tell me that his albums are all great (didn't bother buying some of his stuff so far) ... but no evidence so far! I mean, I always had some guilty pleasures in my life ;-)

Europa has burned, and will burn again

this topic is getting better and better big_smile

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

61 (edited by --/~~~~ 2009-01-15 23:28:41)

wow really the guy does not deserve your love man, snap out of it already.

you have all these fantastic crazy rare & obscure records that scream for recognition elias yet the ONE time you write something truely passionate about a musician and a song it's... moby? yikes

62 (edited by lucio robo 2009-01-15 23:06:04)

moby's secret gemm :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IfdF_F4eDg

Is everybody under controls?

Oh....come and take me away
Oh....'cause everything is wrong today
I look the east, there are colors in the sky
The sun on my face, and oh I've started to cry

Refrain:
'Cause everytime you touch me I feel like I'm being born
Everytime you touch me I feel like I need some more
Love's all high, never feeling bad
Used to be alone now I feel so glad
Everytime you touch me I feel like I'm being born

Anytime you need some peace
Come along, and stay with me
The forest burns, there are fires in the sky

Refrain

<colors in the sky>

One time in your face we've got be free c'mon!
One time in your face the bop's still with me
'Cause I put it to the left, put it to the right
I sing song, we never uptight
Want everybody just feel alright
My sing chorus will make you excite

<word's out, c'mon people!>
Every time you touch me I feel like I need some more
<Sound system's rockin' myself>
Used to be alone, now I feel so glad
<I ain't looking to do that...Do it to me!>

<Beautiful people, now!>
Everytime you touch me I feel like I need some more
<Just come to thy self esteem>
Used to be alone, now I feel so glad
<Sound system's rockin' myself>

No somo Roberto Succo

Agence Internationale wrote:

where is EliasRafael ?

I thought he was banned big_smile , but...

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

oh right. i get it, moby makes good music because 'true underground' doesn't like him. i guess you can approach it with that sort of skewed logic, but that doesn't change the fact that the music sounds bland and uninspired. maybe you should be more impressed with his PR work.

Monkey see, monkey do.

biotek wrote:

oh right. i get it, moby makes good music because 'true underground' doesn't like him.

roll hm, never said this, but I guess that's what you like to read...
I simply said I was had my own prejudices, and after listening to two or three songs on the radio which I liked I was surprised it was Moby... It took me a while to admit that even when I don't like all of his music and am really not impressed by his popstar/weltverbesserer attitude, that he is a very good producer/songwriter/interpreter all at the same time which is not so common nowadays. It's about music, and some of his songs are definetly not "bland and uninspired". I might compare this to the Pet Shop Boys which I (and other critics) hated when I was very young, but some (not all!) of their songs really grew to me. Therefore I say, Moby might be underrated (not by media presence)

I am a bit bored by comments like yours. If you don't like his music at all, it's fine, but why do you make cynical comments?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

well why not discuss my feelings and ideas about moby?

it just seems like you want to flip the discussion to something you can easily dismiss as simple hating. moby is being crucified by the cynical underground scenesters, and it has nothing to do with the substance of his music at all. i find it sad how peoples egos and manufactured image overshadow the actual musical content.

Monkey see, monkey do.

EliasRafael wrote:

A song like "We are all made of stars" really evokes sentimental feelings:
People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now
'Cause we are all made of stars

come on, carl sagan already said that and managed to sound sympatic instead of annoying.

isnt sampling a bit like using old underwear? yikes cool yikes cool

karl wrote:

you're aware that some people have a fetish for worn panties, right?

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
karl wrote:

you're aware that some people have a fetish for worn panties, right?

but britney apparently doesn't wear any panties, how does this compute?

..et voil

raoul wrote:

but britney apparently doesn't wear any panties, how does this compute?

Gabbers are hardcore and don't wear panties
http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving/CMFiles/Images/britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

you gotta sample the japanese schoolgirl panties and not the dirty old man's panties

"Is everybody under controls? "

rofl

hey, the pet shop boys rule! if there was ever one perfect pop band in the last 25 years, they are it..