Topic: Manchester

Not a travel, but a longer stay. Im gonna be doing exchange at Manchester Metropolitan University for one semester starting in september. So...any robots/ettes from manchester here (besides jobes who i spoken briefly with about it)?
Basically its 5 months outside normal surroundings, and while im looking forward to it i also know how it can be without some real-life contact to people with the same interests as yourself. So would be cool to know also some places to go out, but even housing advice, which gangs not to buy dope from, record shops - although i know a few of those already - and so forth are very welcome.

I think the last part could prove useful for many people, as i know that there are really good chances of finding nice records in manchester.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Re: Manchester

Hey Voma, another Manchester robot here, and a very good friend of Jobes...be great to hook up while you're over, happy to show you around smile

Mail me and I'll get in touch soon...

"Fuel critical"...He didn't wanna say 'critical'..."Rog"

take a trip down to london on the train one weekend. you'll be well looked after.

Hey inserted, i thought you were a london bot actually, good to hear you are a few.  Thanks - i will mail you one of these days smile

Jonny: Appreciate it, for sure i'll try to make a trip or 2 to london while im there.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

i be from the city of manchester too. let me know if there's anything i can help with (pm me).

Hey hey, i just noticed this now. Expect a pm anytime soon

Hi bots, just reactivating this thread cos I want to find out some info about Manchester.

I will be coming to see kraftwerk in July at the velodrome and I am keen to find out where is good to dig second hand and new vinyl, vintage clothes and curios, trainers,  good bars and clubs, cafes and restaurants.

I know its a bit in advance but I am excited to visit for the first time!

thanks.

lots of good shops & cafes around the city. my favourites are around the northern quarter. i always visit vinyl exchange & piccadilly records on oldham street ...but there's far too many record shops to list! ALSO check king bee records in chorlton. a little out of the way (10-15min bus journey from centre) but full of second hand vinyl bargains.

for vintage clothes check affleck's palace. loads of second hand/vintage clothes/leathers/trainer stalls.

i like common bar and there's a few good bars and restaurants round that way too. i saw alexander robotnick taking pictures there before he played a gig. for clubs again there's loads  ..my fav at the moment is the deaf institute, they always seem to have a good night.

message me for more specific info. there's loads more cooler places to visit but these are just a few of my recommendations.

Hi, comin down tomorrow in time for the Kraftwerk concert of Thursday!!!

any more advice about places to go, shops, restaurants etc?

thanks.

Any bots around this weekend, looking for places to hit. Well after the Purple Pussycat on friday !

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Moving to MCR at very short notice, been looking at a place round here -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=32+Nadi … p;resnum=1

Mainly because it's cheap. Anyone know if this area is alright to live?

12 (edited by rimini 2009-09-15 16:01:45)

Fuck me! I grew up around there!

Natives can be a bit restless, Langworthy Road ain't a good area!
AVOID
maybe it's changed a bit but I'd try up near Irlams'o'height good links to town and not too bad. Avoid Ordsall & any where in area around the precinct

email me!