Topic: Siel DK80 Midi CC

Okay so i programmed a midi controller to send cc to the siel dk80 to adjust the asdr and osc and other parameters. but when i turn the knobs all i hear is a crackle and no change in sound. anyone have this experience? i downloaded the list of cc parameters and assigned the knobs but no such luck...

Re: Siel DK80 Midi CC

i dont know if its the same on the dk80 as on the exp80 but try this (copied from the old cbs forum) :

"yes it works fine here. make sure that you enable midi ext. by default its only midi int. im right now running a bassline with cc's for both cutoff and resonance at the same time. there can be problems if you send a LOT of cc data at the same time, because the exp80 is very slow.."

Exactly, see page 13 in the manual.

i have the expander as well. but haven't tried that one yet. I love the sounds, it's just a bitch to program the patches.

You could buy a midi controller with a lot of knobs and give them all different CC's. Very easy to configure. If it was sysx it could be very difficult.

It works!

I was probably doing something wrong assigning the proper midi channel with this controller I have but all the parameters are totally controllable. I can have both the keyboard and expander simultaneously controlling the same parameters. The sounds are so much better now.

There are some glitches where yeah it does get overloaded but all you have to do is reset the int/ext switch for it to pick up control information again.

Test complete!

im working on implementing the korg poly800 mods moog slayer, fm800 and some other stuff on the siel expander 80,  since they are pretty similar in architecture. anyone else tried this?

i got them (mods) all to work now.. as well as the 12/24db (2- and 4-pole vcf output) filterswitch mod... much wider range of sounds now! these mods should be implementable on the dk-80 as well.

I recently got a Suzuki SX-500 with the intention of making it my first modding project. Does anyone happen to have the schematics for adding the filter and resonance pots? Also, what type of pots should be used?