Topic: Nintendo

http://www.duelinganalogs.com/oddity/2008-07-28.gif

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Re: Nintendo

haha, true. Always happens with my old 8bit.

How do you solve that problem?
Are there oxide on the connextors?

I have an old 8 bit system stored somewhere. Would be nice to start it up sometimes but that's easier said than done.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

galliano: dont bother. its fun for 5 minutes.

Depends on the games you have. Some of the 8 bit games are still genius ... But now with the Wii there's no more need to connect them old nintendo's anymore. Games are even cheaper to download from Nintendo than buying them 2nd hand...

basically the solution the cartoon suggests is the only one that sometimes works: blow in the cartridge.
Common, the old nintendo games are still cool. I have a sega 8bit, and those games suck. They are all the same, just with different characters (mostly platform, well all platform really)

mario explains relationships.  ha ha ha!  i can hear all the little sound effects in my head when looking at these too .

http://kotaku.com/5143550/mario-explain … ips-for-us

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/01/mario5.jpg

everything but the kitchen synchotron

Tom Dee wrote:

basically the solution the cartoon suggests is the only one that sometimes works: blow in the cartridge.
Common, the old nintendo games are still cool. I have a sega 8bit, and those games suck. They are all the same, just with different characters (mostly platform, well all platform really)

usually dirt or dust is not the problem, but bad connectors. you can open it up and bend back the connectors or replace the 72-pin connector with a new one. there is also some part you can remove to enable foreign and unlicenced games to run on your nes, which can also make games easier to start up.

the only games worth playing for even a brief moment are some of the multiplayer games imho. with good friends and good beer. the rest are just dorky. don't even get me started on super mario.

c64 is much more fun. the giana sisters will beat the crap out of those italian whimps.

Naw there were some worth playing!  Castlevania II-Simon's Quest and Ironsword Wizards and Warriors II , and Monster Party were pretty epic and magical smile   my favorite guilty pleasure was orb 3D.  simple and addicting, and pretty weird.

http://shipwreckedgamer.com/Images/5145.jpg

everything but the kitchen synchotron

Well, all Robots have different taste, just as with music.
I was totally into Nintendo (8 bit) in the late 80s.
Many of the old games were brilliant.

Sure, some may be bored with SuperMario but it's still a great game, or it would never have become such a hit.

I sold most of my games but I still have some.
I think hans olof is right, there must be some other problem than dust when the screen flashes.
Same as with turntable needles, blowing/licking on the connectors might just make the problem worse.
I think I should open my nintendo and give it some proper treatment, cleaning the oxide from connectors and/or modify/change the 72 pin.
Of course the games are not as fun as 20 years ago when they were the coolest you'd seen but I might still have some fun.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

haha I had Giana Sisters on the Amiga...blatant Mario ripoff but it was pretty sweet

i've been playing New Mario Bros on the DS, its cool, like the oldschool versions

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Aha i didn't knew about the connector thing, the blowing in the cartridge thing did the trick most of the time. I'll have a look inside how many years of 80's spit's still in there.
Maybe time for some old game computer thread. I remember having pong machine, a spectravideo i think, then the msx and the atari, amiga's (my dad had a 2000 and 500 if i recall), commodore64 and then some.
Amiga's always kicked ass i thought because you get all the games on disk and it was in colour.
Some of those games were really out there. I remember a samantha fox strip poker game on a cassette for msx and these other kids had a game for amiga where you basically had to have sex by moving the joy stick up and down as fast as possible. (some others too, but selective memory wink)

You guys ever have to do the trick where you jam two games in there, so that the one you're trying to play stays down? Ghetto rig.

14 (edited by Dez 2009-02-20 22:13:23)

and remember this thing?

http://www.geocities.com/compcloset/GameGenies.jpg

what a piece of crap.