Re: Zeitgeist

Brian Chinetti wrote:

This movie would have made much more impact on me if it where listed as a mockumentary. I can't take this more seriously than chemtrails, photographic orbs and people who think the Da Vinci Code is based on facts...

I cant take everything serious too. Thats okay and not the point. What they say `bout 911 and religion and so on are presumptions. Noone of us can prove that if its right or wrong. So I dont say these people are Idiots or something like this, because only of the fact that they have different opinions or point of views. They dont know for sure and we dont know for sure. And i never said their theroies about 911 or something like this are true. I no word! I wouldnt point Zeitgeist as a documentary neither.  But I really value the way Zeitgeist is showing the viewer what cruel things happen every day on this planet. Fo sure most of us know this. No problem, but furthermore Peter Joeseph ATLEAST trys to give some solutions to prevent un-human actions. Most people only slay down and dont push the evolution forward in a human way. So it isn`t so bad at all.  I just dont like beings who think and believe everything is alright because they never lived hell on earth. Thats pure ignorance. Personally I care for people - and not only for those who have money, eduacation, power or any materialistic things.

so you're saying this movie offers a solution? I think I missed that part, what is it?

28 (edited by tek! 2009-03-11 11:59:21)

here are some of those solutions from said 'documentary'
boycotting banks , turning off TV news, not joining the military, refusing energy from energy companies in favour of making homes self-sustainable with clean energy and rejecting the political structure.

hey why not hide up in the appalaches with a shitload of guns and start a commune?
legowelt should provide the soundtrack ofcourse

i didnt watch this but no matter how naive the argument is
those ideas arent that dumb. ok maybe its obvious, but there's no harm in saying it is there.
i think strobo just wants peace, thats good. its easy to jump on these conspiracy movies and slate them, im no fan at all, but its stupid to get so worked up about it

tek! wrote:

boycotting banks , turning off TV news, not joining the military

sounds pretty sane to me. except that it's neccessary to substitute "turning off TV news" with "turning off TV altogether".

@ TEK
can we do that commune anyway tongue

watch out for the fascist-liberals destroying your nation

Thanx Black Shape! You got me right! smile Thats very nice to read! And tek! wrote some rudiments which really can change some things and which really sound sane ... its all listed in Zeitgeist Addendum from 1:48 (108 minute) ....

black shape wrote:

@ TEK
can we do that commune anyway tongue

.... hehehehe ;-)

35 (edited by heifetz 2009-03-11 14:13:36)

i haven't seen Zeitgeist, and don't even want to. in the end we're just monkeys and need someone to lead us and beat us up once in a while. it's the nature's way. people should either use more drugs or fuck more. the good thing about modern society is that pencilnecks manage to survive too, in the olden days they'd get trampled by the bisons while hunting.

heifetz wrote:

i haven't seen Zeitgeist, and don't even want to. in the end we're just monkeys and need someone to lead us and beat us up once in a while. it's the nature's way. people should either use more drugs or fuck more.

HAHAHA beast! your right man.

I boycott money except when it comes to fucking

heifetz wrote:

i haven't seen Zeitgeist, and don't even want to. in the end we're just monkeys and need someone to lead us and beat us up once in a while. it's the nature's way. people should either use more drugs or fuck more. the good thing about modern society is that pencilnecks manage to survive too, in the olden days they'd get trampled by the bisons while hunting.

maybe you should do a documentary about that.

Monkey see, monkey do.

there's plenty of hitler footage out on the internet

40 (edited by heifetz 2009-03-12 06:28:08)

i'll call it 'fascist-liberals and darwin: how the pencilnecks benefit'

i'll film myself dressed in SS uniform discussing how a pencilneck like me can do well under modern capiltalism.

heifetz wrote:

Please Heifetz dont speak in Plural because its not right. Only a weak and narrow mind needs someone to lead or beat you up sometime. If you are still in monkey Evolution. Okay, no problem. I dont wanna attack or offend you, but I only repeat the things what you seem to be. Do your drugs, do your fuckings, slay people down in the net, booze your brain off,  stultify everything you cant and wont understand or handle etc. etc. For some this sounds good. No problem. But for me and many others this is a totally primitive way of life. Its your choice, no problem I tolerate it, but for sure nothing to respect... absolutley not. So monkeys go ahead ... consume, laugh about people who think different,  make some artists you know to a kind of god and do your drugs till your head explode ... So clever and productive guys! WooooW!

Madame: humans haven't changed much from the cave-man times. sure we have civilization, poetry and all that to keep us from being animals. civilization and knowledge are the sandbags that keep barbarism out from our minds (can't remember whose quote that is). but you have to realize that in the end, we are just evolved primates and our reactions are still quite primitive. i agree that we need to change but i just don't believe that it is possible, because our genes are very slow to adjust to our environment. maybe in a few hundred thousand years we will all live like one happy family, if we manage to survive that long as a civilized species. humans have been on this planet for a fraction of a second, when looking at the big picture of the planet's time-line. some species have been here for hundreds of millions of years, e.g. sharks and crocodiles. have they evolved into loving everybody? no, because they have to eat and food is limited. we need to eat as well, and sometimes push comes to shove. only we have much bigger brains and therefore the capacity to evolve into the super-human you believe in somewhere along the evolutionary time-line. in the meanwhile, i'll concentrate on making myself comfortable, loving my friends and sticking to my drugs and fuckings. thank you.

Heifetz, this post from you is a good one, because you explain much more deeper your point of view, instead of posting offending things or turning them into a joke. Thanx for that, I really appreciate this. Yes every one can do the things they are into it. No probem. But when its getting started to offend another person (verbal and nonverbal) I personally think its just not good.  Yes our genes are slow, but what you do and how you act is a result of that what you are influenced from and what you personally want to do. You decide how you handle.  I could go through the streets and beat up people or offend them, but I dont see a sense in this and is just hurting life. I think most of us mean the same but we get sometimes lost in translation, so I always prefer a communication without attacking or offending ... Well, I am at work ... so have a nice one and thanx for your last post again, and I mean it!

yeah, my point was just that taking things too seriously will just cause yourself to be unhappy. sure, there is injustice in the world but what can you do.

content with fucking and drugs.. don't you think that sounds a little cynical.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Freud: dont be an IDiot

47 (edited by tek! 2009-03-12 17:29:00)

cynical?  more like hedonic

heifetz wrote:

sure, there is injustice in the world but what can you do.

As single person no big changes, but though the world always needed people who don't think like that and initiated improvements. Let alone the power of what and how one consumes; an underused power.

Reality is just a simulation

cynical.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Decoder wrote:
heifetz wrote:

sure, there is injustice in the world but what can you do.

As single person no big changes, but though the world always needed people who don't think like that and initiated improvements. Let alone the power of what and how one consumes; an underused power.

'I had a dream'

Strictly Rockaas