www.magicwavesradio.blogspot.com

Re: Interview with Alex Novaga

very very nice, thank you

Vlam Aan

that was nice to read, thanks

no problems at all, was my pleasure wink

can't believe 'Catch' is actually about wrestling..!

" they wanted a song about what we now call wrestling , this song was called Catch "

I did not get that at all, anything in the track to indicate that?

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

if you look closely at the way they've written 'catch' on the label for the record it has wrestler-looking arms as the 'c's... also there's all the lines about "we wanna go see catch", etc so I assume 'Catch' is the wrestler's name. All a bit vague though I agree. never would have guessed in a million years that it had anything to do with wrestling!

analysing italo lyrics meaningfully is a bit of a lost cause from the start for most tracks though I think, the authors usually had little grasp of the language they were writing in. as examples, I have no idea what "the music for your mouth" Florio Time DJ mentions is or what Mac Jr is saying by writing a love song about elephants, but I'm sure it made sense to them in some way at the time of writing..!

btw interview can now be found on the Intergalactic FM blog too...

Alex Novaga = Boss

Vlam Aan

great stuff, really good interview and info dropped there. Its funny, cause last night i was hearing "im your boogie man" at a party, and realized that it really can be a rockin track to play...shame on me for havin mine put awy in my attic for years

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Great interview, thanks.

Vomatron wrote:

Its funny, cause last night i was hearing "im your boogie man" at a party, and realized that it really can be a rockin track to play...

Same with "Shake Your Booty", the sleeve is awful but hides some good music.

no catch is the name of the sport ("wrestling"). We call it like that in France for exemple

Vomatron wrote:

e last night i was hearing "im your boogie man" at a party, and realized that it really can be a rockin track to play...shame on me for havin mine put awy in my attic for years

.... played it on a few parties and it always rocked !!

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Where are those parties you are talking about? I've never heard Digital Game at a party...and I doubt I ever will sad

Agence Internationale wrote:

no catch is the name of the sport ("wrestling"). We call it like that in France for exemple

cheers for clearing that up! doesn't have the same meaning/implication in English at all...

C. wrote:

Where are those parties you are talking about? I've never heard Digital Game at a party...and I doubt I ever will

come to London then!! definitely heard it played out a few times over here wink