Topic: Luc Van Acker and Kaa Antilope records on Enfant Terrible

Radionome and Spleen sessions on Enfant Terrible

Dutch record  label Enfant Terrible will be releasing a series of records in collaboration with the Dutch radio and television broadcaster VPRO. This series of records will feature live sessions that were part of the eighties VPRO radioshows RadioNome and Spleen.

RadioNome and Spleen paid attention to (experimental) popmusic not heard elsewhere on radio and mostly neglected in other media. An important part of these shows were live sessiona by Dutch and  international acts. Sometimes the bands were rather obscure, but also some more known bands (mostly in their early stages) played live in the studio.

Upcoming in may are the first two releases. These will be the sessions by Luc Van Acker (1981 RadioNome) and by Kaa Antilope (1982 RadioNome). Both were Belgian acts of which the  musicians later gained an international status. Luc Van Acker with the band Revolting Cocks (together with Front 242 and Ministry members) and Kaa Antilope with their  independent label Sub Rosa.

For soundclips go here: http://www.enfant-terrible.nl/enfant13.html
and here: http://www.enfant-terrible.nl/enfant14.html

Re: Luc Van Acker and Kaa Antilope records on Enfant Terrible

Very exciting !

lärm macht spass!

yes, sounds cool. let us know if the releases are out of the pressing plant smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

sure, I will... hopefully I have an internet connection at home again... meanwhile I have to do everything in between at my job sad

great great great

yes !!!
so can we also excepct a repress of the vpro radionome compilation ?

I second that question. Martijn? smile

lärm macht spass!

why he should repress 1:1? I think the idea of the releases with VPROmaterial is another. wink 
keep up the good work Martijn.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

cos it's too expensive, badly pressed on a less than 50 gramm vinyl... shall i continue ?

Agence Internationale wrote:

cos it's too expensive, badly pressed on a less than 50 gramm vinyl... shall i continue ?

okay, if we talk about the quality of the original...
you joker, less than 50 gr  roll  who told you this shit? it is no flexi disc.

btw, the guy called wicked-vinyl on dg`s (444 $ for Radionome) looks suspect - new seller and the double prices, and only smasher in stock. Beware of those sellers. Could be the one who was banned several times with different names. but maybe I`m wrong... the other guy who sells it called Watzmann, he`s a good one, I know him since the 90`s, bit expensive, but always best quality records! just for info

discogs sales 

11 (edited by ET 2009-05-14 08:38:59)

sorry for delay... I had no internet for about 6 weeks...

Anyway... I am not interested in repressing vinyl records from the past 1:1 ... so I stick to the  radio sessions of these radio shows... more interesting to me...

Also... I do not think Mr. Zeilstra would agree with a re-issue... I tasted something like that when I spoke him about releasing these radio sessions... but I did not ask as I am not interested in that...

AND... the records of Luc Van Acker and Kaa Antilope are here and are being shipped to various shops and private orders... a website update will follow shortly...

in fact in Mannequin Mailorder is available since some days :-)

yes, but you ordered them before they were out... so you got served first smile