Topic: manila

there the 25th

what's really good ?

looks like the bollocks, uncharted terrain and all...

Re: manila

don't come back without a copy of the fillipino 70's disco band VST  if you like space disco
(not sure which number it is I think it's 2, anyhow it's the red one! don't worry about the other 2 they have singing in fillipino that totaly render them useless) I can't find the damn thing but it's a great rekid

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

I've heard there is a bar called the "hobbit" bar with midgets dressed as hobbits serving drinks and performing other acts under the table.

Sounds like a must go.

4 (edited by pablodiscobar 2009-04-28 11:01:55)

So there now.
Never seen so many working girls, every place of business doubles as a rub 'n' tug salon. I'll have to pull a Johnny Drama soon.

Record stores:

Bebop at Makati Cinema Square
  (there's a couple of spots on the lower ground floor: mostly classical, bad big band swing, overpriced AOR, the wrong side of 80s pop and a little bit of disco: Voyage, Lime, etc. LP's 300-500 pesos)

Cubao X Shoe Expo near Ali Mall in Quezon

it will take time to find the fleamarkets with records, a luxury i didn't have
the locals i myspaced (i know this is so 2006) didn't give up their secret spots, the rest of manila don't have a clue about black shiny discs...

add on to this thread if you're there plz

will be heading over to manila for a short visit in december.. any further recommendations?