1,701 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2011-03-11 09:07:10)

Re: Life sucks when ...

Fossa wrote:

It's just that it was so hard to foresee this. I mean she didn't actually lie or act being in love or anything like that, but rather lived in a bubble of love of some sort. And she apparently didn't see it either until it burst.

you would be surprised how much that happens, I won't say it's a women thing as I already had the same myself, it's something that can't be explained but it sucks hard for the one who loves that person, definately. Just get yourself back on track with some positive things, starting with some music f.e. (I don't mean my dark ambient mixes because these won't help wink )
And once you'll get over it, you'll probably say to yourself: despite the pain, I wouldn't want to have missed it for a thing. That's what I always think afterwards. What you've got, you've got, well in Dutch we say that, wat je gehad hebt heb je gehad.

"A Real Music Hater"

huxflux wrote:

..your marriage is over.

Sorry to hear. Stay strong.

Broken heart is the toughest shit ever.
I mean, a childhood friend of mine died a drug-related death a couple of years ago.

Seriously broken heart is worse than that. I don't know why but it is.

I can't imagine how it feels to break up from a long-time marriage but i can relate to how you feel huxflux.

Thanks to you again Ray. It was the best time of my life. Never been happier in my hole life. And i hope i can cherish it someday and feel good about it.
It just sucks that a big part of that bliss and happiness was connected to all those expectations of the future and the feel that this is the one i'm going to settle with.

It feels so unbelieveably bad to try to change that track back to being that single and starting that female-hunting again.
There are a lot of fucking spiky bushes between the single-road and the relationship-road.

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

Sorry to hear it Fossa, I was going through similar things a year ago, a very long term relationship ended with her seeking someone else while I was away on tour coming back to a frozen Berlin with nowhere to live any more. The only things I can say, which might not help is, if you were willing to "throw all of my fucking life to the side because of her" then in time you'll see the change as a blessing, you might not want to hear it but a healthy loving relationship though requires compromise does not and will not ever require you to throw your life away, it should support and encourage your choices as you should the other persons.

and the music thing is horrible, I couldn't write for months and months, and I've always used writing and playing music as a way of coping, when that went I was in the worst situation I could ever be in and I feel your pain.

All I can say is, Spring is coming, there are other women out there who will love and respect you in totally new and exciting ways and although it you will feel defeated and unlovable, you are not, you will adapt and survive and realise being single is often fucking great.

Godspeed.

@ fossa & huxflux sympathies to both of you
broken heart is one of the the worst things..

Your words mean a lot to me.
Thanks everyone.

I know that a good relationship doesn't require throwing my life to the side but i meant that i was so serious with her that i would have done anything for her.

And yes the music thing yes. I have a gig in two weeks and a lot to do to it and my motivation is at 0%

Slowly...

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

coae wrote:

broken heart is one of the the worst things..

indeed!

and it doesnt help to know others have to go through worse things, i know.

but
a friend of mine comes from japan. her family and most of her friends live on tokio. they are ok, which is good. but shes quite worried about some friends living in the north since she hasnt heard from them yet. what a nightmare! and the situation in fukushima and probably at other reactors is quite frightening, too!

.."this world`s a bubble"..

1,708 (edited by coae 2011-03-23 07:32:18)

hope her friends is ok. terrible disaster...
the fukushima situation is scary. if i remember right, places contaminated
whit radioactivity wont be clean for something like ~ 20 000 years.

I think I finally figured out whats wrong with me after more than a week of dragging around...Went to 3 (Chinese!) hospitals (blood tests, urine, blah, blah - 'you are fine!')...And now I was told some people in my family have this thyroid thing...I guess its Hypothyroidism...More tests n bullshit to do. Symptoms seem to match this, so lets see..So weird this happening now as everyone here is buying all the salt from every store...because of radiation scares...LOL, I'll live I guess

1,710 (edited by schmoltz 2011-03-30 20:56:56)

feels like Belarus is on the brink of a fully fledged economic collapse. they already limited sales of gasolene, no foreign currency is available to buy (sounds weird to europeans probably but people here rely heavily on having their savings in dollars in euros and not roubles since the hectic 90's). prices rising for months now. they are limiting the sale of foreign currency to businesses, which means shortly there will be no import. the country is in a heavy fiscal deficit and surviving month by month on foreign credits, that money is used solely keep situation at bay so people do not come out on the streets, as opposed to investing those credits into doing the actual economical reforms (which was proclaimed some time ago) that would go towards fixing this situation. in a nutshell, from here it's either extreme devaluation of the currency and whopping inflation coming very soon, or accumulating even more debt for just delaying this bubble burst for some time.

edit - typos

sounds awful schmoltz. lukashenko is a nazi dictator. my fiancee knows the daughter of one of the opposition leaders who is in jail now. he will probably die there (he is sick) and she will never see her father again.

yes, I'm not even talking about the politics just to not get even more depressed, the economics are bad enough, shit is coming down pretty soon..

... you have so much shit to do that requires thinking a lot, you need some rest to be able to think about stuff clearly, you don't really have time for the rest but still you try, and even when you try to get some rest you just can't fall asleep. Aargh.

I know it's nothing compared to a natural disaster or the collapse of economy, but still... The collapse of my mental health seems to be on its way.

when you get a 380euro speeding ticket. if it wasn't for the red car that was driving in the other lane blocking the view, i probably would have noticed the cop and had time to slow down. if and if. there went my holiday money.

Fossa wrote:

I mean, a childhood friend of mine died a drug-related death a couple of years ago.

I can't imagine how it feels to break up from a long-time marriage but i can relate to how you feel huxflux.

Thanks to you again Ray. It was the best time of my life. Never been happier in my hole life. And i hope i can cherish it someday and feel good about it.
It just sucks that a big part of that bliss and happiness was connected to all those expectations of the future and the feel that this is the one i'm going to settle with.

It feels so unbelieveably bad to try to change that track back to being that single and starting that female-hunting again.
There are a lot of fucking spiky bushes between the single-road and the relationship-road.

well we are trying again, i think this is what 3-4:th time in a year. Last time i were sure it was final, but it seems its harder to break up after we have decided to move on. We have had problems quite some time and I've only recently forced her to talk about them and be honest but she got a problem with doing those things which makes us slip apart.

I've finally managed to make her to talk about the core problem in our 8 year relationship which we both have been aware of but its been hidden behind the curtains.
I can't accept those problems and she will need to make an effort if this gonna work and I am ready to invest time in therapy with her but I am also very aware that we might not be able to solve them.

In a strange way I am ready for both. I am ready to nurture our love but I am also ready for a longer period of sorrow and a light in the end of that tunnel. Both are better than a dysfunctional relationship.

Fossa: I am so sorry to hear about your break up. I can relate to the feeling of a bubble until it bursts. Its devastating when it suddenly arrises from no where. From my personal perspective I don't think it has made me a better man to be more aware since it creates suspiciousness which shouldn't be needed in something most of us wish for, a trusty relationship.

Sometimes its of course hard for the other person to reveal their inner feelings and it takes a great deal of time to understand the other person in deep which makes me assume that she were aware of your feelings and your commitment but she didn't feel ready. Her personal problems combined with hurting someone in the long run made her make a fast decision.

I might be projecting here, but I am just trying to say that it might have saved you a great deal of trouble even if it feels hard now.

Hugs to you and Maiovvi. Take care of yourselves.

... you still didn't get your super duper amazing IFM t-shirt, I hope it didn't get lost.

"A Real Music Hater"

1,717 (edited by jacderida 2011-04-11 09:57:13)

i know it's not exactly a huge problem, but, i just found out we're not getting a holiday for the royal wedding!

i mean, i couldn't give a shit about it, but EVERYONE else who i know will be on holiday that day, and it sucks so much that our work wouldn't give us it off. it's just not essential whatsoever that we would need to come to work that day.

bunch of bastards!

edit - erm, i just noticed that the 'complain' thread had been bumped, i should have really posted this in there - sorry! smile

duh, my problems seem to minor in complexity than the rest here. Life still sucks because I'm broke as hell right now.  hmm

terrible news. explosion in Minsk subway 11 killed, 120 injured.

I don't want to be cynical and speculate if this is an inside job or not etc, but you only have to put two and two together to see this happened at the worst times for the current government. in any case this is unprecedented act of terror, and I'm afraid it will have unprecedented consequences..

life sucks when you have uber strong sinusitis two days after you got better from common cold...
neutral

when the anti-eu, anti-immigration, anti-civilization rednecks get a massive election victory in your country. the past 60 years have been hard work getting this backward country into europe, now these guys want to go back to the 50's.

we can only hope its a one term protest thing? though it seems bad with social democrats and those crazies collaborating their regressive forces - should be interesting.

my cousing from germany already expressed his WTF's to me earlier today...

i hear you

i wish it was a one term protest, but sadly i feel they are here to stay.. there will always be the angry juntti -type in finland.

yeah it's unbelievable that the other parties want to co-operate with these fascists. in addition to their backward agenda, they don't know a goddamn thing about governance or even basic economics. it will be interesting to see how the government is formed.

huxflux wrote:
Fossa wrote:

well we are trying again, i think this is what 3-4:th time in a year. Last time i were sure it was final, but it seems its harder to break up after we have decided to move on. We have had problems quite some time and I've only recently forced her to talk about them and be honest but she got a problem with doing those things which makes us slip apart.

I've finally managed to make her to talk about the core problem in our 8 year relationship which we both have been aware of but its been hidden behind the curtains.
I can't accept those problems and she will need to make an effort if this gonna work and I am ready to invest time in therapy with her but I am also very aware that we might not be able to solve them.

In a strange way I am ready for both. I am ready to nurture our love but I am also ready for a longer period of sorrow and a light in the end of that tunnel. Both are better than a dysfunctional relationship.

Fossa: I am so sorry to hear about your break up. I can relate to the feeling of a bubble until it bursts. Its devastating when it suddenly arrises from no where. From my personal perspective I don't think it has made me a better man to be more aware since it creates suspiciousness which shouldn't be needed in something most of us wish for, a trusty relationship.

Sometimes its of course hard for the other person to reveal their inner feelings and it takes a great deal of time to understand the other person in deep which makes me assume that she were aware of your feelings and your commitment but she didn't feel ready. Her personal problems combined with hurting someone in the long run made her make a fast decision.

I might be projecting here, but I am just trying to say that it might have saved you a great deal of trouble even if it feels hard now.

Hugs to you and Maiovvi. Take care of yourselves.

had the same the past weeks, I was living in a dream but suddenly she started to hesitate, thinking about her ex but she still wants to know me, she likes me, she doesn't want to loose me, that it's her and not me, she wants to try, giving her time... In short: all the clichés I heard a billion times and that mean nothing, they're just hollow words that people use to feel themselves better and to deny that I was only a flirt or a whim. So she's out for me, she doesn't deserve me. I'm very disappointed and I feel hurted but life goes on, shit happens.

"A Real Music Hater"

i was expecting your post ray, after seeing your facebook updates.

"thinking about her ex but she still wants to know me, she likes me, she doesn't want to loose me, that it's her and not me, she wants to try, giving her time..." fuck that shit! she should consider for a minute how that comes across to you: there's an implication in there that you'd be her second choice over her ex, and like you say, you deserve better than that!

chin up my friend! smile