Topic: Moderne 017 (double LP with poster) - Out now on Minimal Wave!

Hi everyone,

This is the latest from the Minimal Wave label:

MW017

Moderne - 017 (2 LPs with poster)

A limited edition release of Moderne's two full length LPs: Moderne(1980) and L'Espionne Aimait La Musique(1981), remastered from the original analog reels and pressed on 180 gram audiophile quality vinyl, is now available. The gatefold artwork features photographs of the band, and is printed on heavyweight 350 gram double white board, with a matte laminate and black inner sleeves. The release is accompanied by a double sided 18" x 24" poster featuring an interviewwith the band on one side, and photographon the other.
Modernewas a Minimal / Synthpop band formed in Tours, France in 1979. The band consisted of: G

Re: Moderne 017 (double LP with poster) - Out now on Minimal Wave!

soviet wrote:

Purchase the release, $38. (Order directly from Minimal Wave and receive a free CD version of the release!)

is she in a generous mood now, after she squeezed money out of us?....

3 (edited by deutschmark 2009-06-23 10:58:14)

yyyyiiikees $38.. I wonder how much it could cost in Europe then.

ps. Gee, $68 for a single copy w/shipping to mother Russia.

lärm macht spass!

The price may seem steep, but this is a deluxe product, chums. I suppose it has to be held in one's hands and played on one's turntable in order to fully appreciate it. It goes without saying that MW wouldn't charge an unjust price for one of their releases. Let me reiterate, there are two LPs pressed on 180 gram vinyl and stuffed in a beautifully designed gatefold jacket which is sturdy as hell due to the fact that it has to house the 2 heavyweight records. There is also a poster inside, and if you order direct from MW, you get a CD as well. This release is practically a collectors' item.

No one's squeezing money out of you, doctor. You're not obligated to buy, but if you do, you certainly get what you paid for.

Oki soviet, you convinced me, I'll place an order soon. smile How many copies pressed btw?

lärm macht spass!

so no extra tracks/unreleased stuff included on this release?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Glad to hear it, deutschmark! There are 1000 copies.

Elias, no extra tracks, just a straight reissue of their two LPs. (a reissue in terms of the track selections, the audio for this release was remastered from the analog reels)

Mannequin is also taking pre - orders :-) this is a superb release

Speaking of bonus tracks, I can't forget how crappy they were for Das Kabinette LP so I'm fine with it being a 1:1 re-issue. smile

lärm macht spass!

Well, they r not so crappy, c mon!

good release, time to save money

Vlam Aan