Topic: Hearing italo in when on holiday

Hi,

Just came back from my holiday with the Trans-siberian Express (train) from Moskow to Beijing. The whole trip took 25 days which I also used to give my ears some rest, so on purpose I brought no mp3-player with. Strange thing what happens then (to me) is that your brain start to fill in your (old) need for hearing music by playing songs in your head. That's what I don't want to discuss here (maybe another thread) but something else which is that I was pleasantly surprised by the many times I encountered italo music in the countries I visited especially Russia and China. The places/songs I remember are:

Ken Laszlo - 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.
Monte Kristo - Lady Valentine
^^ In the disco neighbouring the hotel in stayed in Irkoetsk (Russia). Such luxury to be played italo for you without even asking.

Monte Kristo - The Girl Of Lucifer
^^ Heard when having lunch at a bar near the Baikal Lake (Russia)

Gazebo - Lunatic
^^ Heard when having a cappucino in a cafe near the Red Square in Moskow

Some (mystery) Russian italo disco in the tourbus when having a Moskow by night tour. I forgot to ask the driver what it was but I think he wouldn't know cause it was the on the radio I thought (not CD).

Heard a mix with italo (unknown to me) in a clothingstore in Beijing which later evolved into some Super Eurobeat....

These moments really gave me a big smile knowing that this music is recognized so much that they play it up till today in public places.

Have you robots had simular experience when going on holiday? I'd like to hear.

"Are you loving?"

Re: Hearing italo in when on holiday

Super nice when you're abroad and get suprised with the music you love.

Me and my girl were in Portugal Lissabon 2 years ago and boozed all night in some club and I thought all the time that I heard this dj playing nice chicago house but when I concentrated I heard another Beyonce or top40 house track and figured I was to drunk and just imagined it all. But then I once again heard this fat bassline and it was 'House To House  Featuring Kim Mazelle - Taste My Love'.... and thought I wasnt that drunk after all smile made the night even better!

in an ultra modErn fashion shop in monaco last month, early italo songs were played, strange.

No somo Roberto Succo

Scarface wrote:

Some (mystery) Russian italo disco in the tourbus when having a Moskow by night tour. I forgot to ask the driver what it was but I think he wouldn't know cause it was the on the radio I thought (not CD).

maybe it was this guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3hgwND27o[/youtube]

wink

scarface - the russian italo could be one of these things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9430go … re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42zYT4SyE4

still very huge tunes on the radio and wedding party etc.

6 (edited by Scarface 2009-07-21 18:35:26)

@hysteric

Ha, ha. It wasn't him but he has a real good act with mimicing You're My Heart, You're My Soul. Hear the bassline inbetween and the delay on " Living in my, living in my dream.....dream dream......You're my heart...heart..... " :thumbs up: smile

@schmoltz

I think that it wasn't one of those. It was more underground synth/disco than Russian Schlageritalo, so to say. smile Those clips capture the Russian atmosphere quite good though. There's still a world of italo to discover  for me there cause all of these songs are still unknown to me. Thanks for trying, anyway. wink

"Are you loving?"