Topic: Moscow

hit me with the info, gonna be there in october

Re: Moscow

there are some nice venus here...
First of all "Solyanka". It's very friendly club with very nice people inside every weekend. If you come in the middle of october you will be able to find yourself in very nice space disco party called 'Odyssey: Get sirius' with foreign guests. It is held every second saturday of every month. Other weekend mostly techno/minimal/house stuff, sometimes very nice btw. And good hiphop/funk parties every thursday. Solyanka is opened every day as very cool restaurant.

Second place to visit - Propaganda, one of the oldest club in Moscow. Music - mostly house, but very nice house. And btw me and my friends (Deutschmark and Phones24 here) we organize there our parties. From this month twice a month on wensdays. In the beginning of every month old school house/techno parties (with some chicago, detroit, eurohouse, electro stuff) and disco parties in the end of month. So come by)

Also we have fashion bar Simachev. It's rather pricey venue, but there practically every day nice music inside (disco, electrofunk, deep house etc.) Sometimes cool guests like Todd Terje, Cosmo Vitelli... Art director of this local has nice taste in music, he is also good dj.

I think there are the main places in moscow to have a great party.

http://www.last.fm/event/694538?setlang=en
odyssey in october

The guy behind Between Us and Shanti labels (who released the recent Move D 12") regularly throws parties @ Shanti Club on thursdays with the likes of A Guy Called Gerald, Octex, Substance etc.

DJ Rob Dirton (aka phones24) is a wednesday resident in a very friendly dj cafe Kult.

lärm macht spass!

5 (edited by noctambulo 2008-07-17 19:00:05)

spacer_woman wrote:

Sometimes cool guests like  Cosmo Vitelli...

lol big_smile

Am considering a weekend in Moscow soon, a long way to go for just a couple days but a friend is there only until September and i can't get more time off work...

.... do you have an idea if the futurists exhibition at the Pushkin Museum is still on? It opened late June but can't see anything about it on their official website....

any record stores where you can find scratchy, operatic russian folk music on LP?

found this site of constructivist architecture but don't know if they are easily accessible or really worth the visit in person?
http://www.maps-moscow.com/index.php?ch … iew_single

ummm annnd..... any part of Moscow that is nice for wandering around and discovering things, better less touristy?

annnnd - any websites with recommendations of food, dumpling spots, anywhere that's actually old or even family-run? i read about cafe pushkin but it sounds too sort of trendy, new-old....

Pushkin is a bit overpricey so you better go to Taras Bulba, they have a few restaraunts in Moscow. Well, it's actually ukrainian national kitchen and not russian but it's basically the same and it's rather cheap. smile

The biggest and the best known record store in Moscow is Sound Barrier (www.sound-barrier.ru), check out their website, they have a catalog online.

lärm macht spass!

in Pushkin museum all kinds and all periods of international arts are presented.  you can find some works of avant-gardists there. but it isn't the museum of contemporary art...

about nice places... Moscow is very strange city... not very beautiful but attractive. better if you come to the center (Pushkinskaya square) and than star to walk along boulevards and streets and dark alleys)).. could find nice places though..

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/index.htm here may be you can find some info you are looking for)

thanx a lot!
we checked flights & they are super expensive though
Think we have to do it when we can spend enough time to get value!

10 (edited by Mitel' 2008-08-18 10:06:47)

http://maps.google.ru/maps?f=q&hl=r … iwloc=addr
or
http://maps.google.ru/maps?f=q&hl=r … iwloc=addr

heheheh... jewel of mosco

commng home this week :]

ratsnake wrote:

commng home this week :]

hey LX if you can grab me one of them beauties, if you see one - please
http://www.discogs.com/release/1182113
I

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

ill let you know if I find 2 copies smile

How long will you stay?

lärm macht spass!

undecided. probably till the end

How about a nice little party @ Dec.26?

lärm macht spass!

haha an xmas party?

A little bit, huh. Something like christmas and early NYE at the same time. In 16 Tons club with various well (and not so well) known "robot deejays".

lärm macht spass!

dm, hope you had fun. i will join you soon I hope, just have to get used to things here a bit first.

Some questions:
Where's a nice place to get a 1200 and some numark mixer or cheap ass amp?
Where's the place with ok, cheap clothes? Anything made locally here? (lol)
Where's an ok place for furniture shoppin?
I'll think of some more noob questions soon...

and to all - C ????? ?????!

Hallo ratsnake, glad to hear ya.

1. Check www.muztorg.ru, they have a few shops across Moscow... The prices are high but they are kinda monopolists with Technics stuff here. All other retailers are just re-sellers. Maybe a second-hand deal is a solution.

2. There are many so called megamalls (mega, atrium, okhotniy ryad) filled with various clothes and shit.. Nothing local worth mentioning tho..

3. Ikea! Local manufacturers make furniture that looks like it's teleported straight from the late 70's Czechoslovakia. smile If you're into such kind of stuff, you could find it pretty cheap here. I can give you a few addresses, hehe.

May I ask what area are you living in?

Do not hesitate to send mails btw. smile

lärm macht spass!

sent email...

in my part of town, drexciya doesnt really fit too well as background music. Where is a place that matches techno/electro and not yeralash background musics?