1 (edited by dolcevita 2009-08-27 11:21:37)

Topic: Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg - a nightmare?

To all Berlin based robots:

i just saw yesterday this television-docu about what happened to Prenzlauer Berg, and i was deeply shocked.

i wasnt there some years, but what they have shown in the docu was really horrible.

a block totally overpolluted by so called "creatives" with money and children, drinking champus or "latte" on stupid city markets and stuff.

is it really that bad there nowadays?

oh my god ...

germany sucks so hard.

maybe i will go to GOA forever and become a hippie ...

i hate soccer

Re: Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg - a nightmare?

...where da same fukin bad film is running, especially in india, no ? (bollywood docu, yesterday, but ive got other sources...)

Berlin rulessss!!! You just have to find the good stuf.. Yeah prenzlauer berg is not as good, lots of babies etc

meh... it's called gentrification and it's by no means limited to berlin. you'll find similar developments in all europen cities worth mentioning.

it's always the same. run down, affordable area slowly but certainly conquered by artists (no i'm not talking of you latte drinking iphone using wanna be artist wankers) and low life sub culture rats. then the hipsters of the day discover this and start moving in. then the mentioned creatives finds out and moves in. with the money the higher rents move in too and soon enough the artists and rats have to move elsewhere.

it's the way of the world and there's nothing you can do about it.

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

meh... it's called gentrification and it's by no means limited to berlin. you'll find similar developments in all europen cities worth mentioning.

it's always the same. run down, affordable area slowly but certainly conquered by artists (no i'm not talking of you latte drinking iphone using wanna be artist wankers) and low life sub culture rats. then the hipsters of the day discover this and start moving in. then the mentioned creatives finds out and moves in. with the money the higher rents move in too and soon enough the artists and rats have to move elsewhere.

it's the way of the world and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like iphone... sad

baz wrote:

I like iphone... sad

then you're a rat big_smile

@ Kenzaburo: btw, what's wrong with babies? you'll be happy in 40/50 years time that people have them now, they will wipe your ass when you're old

you only have to worry if you also like latte am morgen

we only have one creative who drinks latte in Rotterdam, but he's everywhere

I think he's cloned

http://www.fotoheerik.nl/data/1541/28542-l.jpg

9 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-08-27 14:29:03)

No there's nothing wrong with babies and there's nothing wrong with Berlin, I lurve it .. But I don't want babies myself and it's true that in Prenlauer Berg there ARE a lot of babies ... That's all. It was just answer to Dolce Vita because he mentioned it first. and it's my 200th post, wohoo!

And some of the other posters; why do you have to be a 'starving artist' to be taken seriously?? Damn

10 (edited by dolcevita 2009-08-27 14:28:01)

i like babies but not the parents  bringing them at the age of 2 to "french speaking children dance groups" and to "biological kindergartens" (as seen in the docu)

i hate soccer

Who cares if they do that.. Surely it doesn't affect your life does it?

dolcevita wrote:

i like babies but not the parents  bringing them at the age of 2 to "french speaking children dance groups" and to "biological kindergartens" (as seen in the docu)

hahaha

sounds healthy and reasonable, but also boring

yeah it's boring so what! Let them do what they want, if don't like it then don't but fuck it who cares .Blah, I'm bored of people always whining about stupid things

so why are you whining then about stupid things?

yeah!

hahaha, it's not so serious

I love all citizens of planet earth, including the boring ones wink

17 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-08-27 14:47:22)

yeah me too smile (Including whiners like myself)

I introduced my children into minimal synth quite eaqrly but failed in shaping their attitude. You can't train them up like dogs. Children are no Robots!

(That's why children are not allowed here)

Europa has burned, and will burn again

19 (edited by dolcevita 2009-08-27 15:12:49)

hi Kenzaburo, i will complain about everything i like.

and i dont like this FRIEDE FREUDE EIERKUCHEN attitude

with that "Let them do what they want" you can quit every discussion about style / music / art / environment  etc...

i hate such people because i feel that they are the reason why the earth will die.

i hate soccer

no worries, earth will not die

maybe humanity will, but earth? noooo

ok, in 5.5 billion years when the sun expands...

21 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-08-27 15:31:20)

Dolcevita, it's ok .. I was just provocating a little. I like Eierkuchen mm tasty , lecker

btw. you have those cosmic things in your signature and you're filled with so much hatred wink

yes i am a shizophrenic person.

i always try to be a hippe but the punk side is breaking out too often...

i hate soccer

You couldn't have touched a rawer nerve about Prenzlauerberg with me...

I used to live in Kreuzberg back in '96, but for the last 5 years I've been a once-yearly visitor to Berlin, residing at my mates - mostly in Stargaarderallee, but occasionally/unfortunately in Kollwitzstrasse. The latter street is exactly what you guys describe it...full of dippy liberal parents and their babies on their chests, wrapped up to choking point in these sling-wrap baby carriers.

http://wize.com/photos/large/384562.jpg

And God forbid if you accidentally step on the poorly marked bike lanes, because their reaction to you is so condescending and rude (no matter how much you apologise) that one might think that the 'psycho Maltese car driver' gene has been passed on and polished to these smug self-righteous cunts. Thank fuck that I suppress my criminal instincts and let tolerance take over...

But Berlin is a place that allows you to escape from Pythonesque situations such as this, and no matter what, I'll always love Berlin...I'll never allow these bastards to ruin it for me!

yay!!!

Woody Aki wrote:

And God forbid if you accidentally step on the poorly marked bike lanes, because their reaction to you is so condescending and rude (no matter how much you apologise) that one might think that the 'psycho Maltese car driver' gene has been passed on and polished to these smug self-righteous cunts.

funny, that's the same in Copenhagen, was there in July at the Eurolines busstop

people on bikes are really fanatical there

like they own the place

maybe they should buy a car

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1080/1065354859_6f8dd41c9f.jpg