Re: Credit Cards Suck!

a fucking FICO score was invented for idiots that cant old school credit by doing the fucking numbers.

FICO is more like FUCKO!

I don't use credit cards but was able to get credit through my bank to finance my car! Thats the only institution I will use credit through.
The fucking credit card companies are fucking scum sucking leaches that would fuck their own mother with late and over the fucking limit fees.

Fuck em!

Dont use em EVER! If you dont have the cash then you don't fucking need it!

Robotworks wrote:

I remember ther was a hacker who discovered a huge fault in the CB/Visa system. I don't remember his name...
With a simple shop terminal he was able to create a visa card that works everywhere, with any code, without removing any money from any bank account.
It was just written "Code Ok - Payment agreed" everywhere: shops, cash machines... He tried to sell his secret to the international Visa group, but they preferred to put him in prison rather to know what's about the famous fault...

damn...if only he tried to sell it to me instead. Imagine having an endless visa haha...mental

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

28 (edited by raoul 2008-07-22 11:50:50)

mattamation wrote:

why let me go over my limit, then at the end of the month charge me an over limit fee

because they make more money on you that way!

electricity wrote:

for me, no problem. just pay the amount off every month and it's like free overdraft. nightmare to do any business online without one, no?

if you have debt, is not the credit card's fault...

credit card's are awesome.

true......same here........use it and pay at the end of the month and there are no troubles what so ever.
I love my MasterCard, without it recordshopping would be difficult.

it's not free!
you pay for the card and interest for the month you get the 'overdraft'. go check the interest rates on your card, probably 15% or more.

i must say this is the only way i use it now(pay the next month).
but for online payments i prefer paypal coupled to my bank account, no more credit card needed for that.

except paypal also sucks. at first it was a heaven sent and now the're just sucking money off everybody with little service in return. just try to get money back through their buyer's protection program...

never got a credit card except for my student (credit) card
didn't had much fun with it though
after a few moths it got sucked into a cash machine in belgium
since then no more credit for kuczera

paypal rules anyway

Vlam Aan

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

except paypal also sucks. at first it was a heaven sent and now the're just sucking money off everybody with little service in return. just try to get money back through their buyer's protection program...

i have no experience with this.
i try to see it more as cash. once you pay it's gone, so you better trust the one you're sending money to.

Heh...thats my problem with credit. I see it as cash too. I also know how far I can overdraw my bank account without it being reversed. No wonder I am broke all the time

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

All of my debt is almost gone, even my student loan. It's a good feeling. I can't wait to cut the cord. If I maxed out all of my cards, it would be pretty dangerous. It's really irresponsible of the cc companies to give such big limits.

A friend of my had one with only a $3000 limit, she accidently went over when she was unemployed. She got a great paying job and sent them $1500, and the next month, after interest and fees, the cc balance was back where it was. She tried calling them to work with them to pay off the balance, and they were no help. I told her to go to her bank and get a small reasonable loan to pay it off then close it.

Dirtieblonde, that is exactly what has happened with my Chase card. The only way I can make a dent in getting rid of that is to borrow a loan from the Bank with much smaller interest and eventually pay it off.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Communicator wrote:

Dirtieblonde, that is exactly what has happened with my Chase card. The only way I can make a dent in getting rid of that is to borrow a loan from the Bank with much smaller interest and eventually pay it off.

I read in this banking newsletter that Illinois just passed a law to limit interest rates to 36% for credit card companies, which doesn't seem that good, but it will include all interest, fees and excess charges. It might be worth looking into it and crunching some numbers.

Thanks for the info! Will do.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

@dirtieblonde, wtf that is straight up loan sharking, but at least the bank people won't bust your kneecaps?

the only way to fuck with the credit card company is to pay your whole bill every month, they can't make no profit out of you, but then again it defeats the purpose of having a credit card?

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

dirtieblonde wrote:

A friend of my had one with only a $3000 limit, she accidently went over when she was unemployed. She got a great paying job and sent them $1500, and the next month, after interest and fees, the cc balance was back where it was. She tried calling them to work with them to pay off the balance, and they were no help. I told her to go to her bank and get a small reasonable loan to pay it off then close it.

Communicator wrote:

speaking of, my girl is in hot water with this debt collection company that bought her old debt from the original debt holder for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!

those fuckers wanted the full amount.  she told them " I'll send you half of what I owe you." but they refused

she did a little researching and found out that the company violated federal law multiple times. They, in the meantime, have subpoenad her to court thinking that she is some dumb ass dead beat.

She went and got a lawyer and the case goes before a judge in August.

I got my fingers crossed  smile

FUCK the CC's

there are whole websites devoted to beating these fuckers at their own game

nothing to add all has been said

Acta est fabula....

chairman chen wrote:

@dirtieblonde, wtf that is straight up loan sharking, but at least the bank people won't bust your kneecaps?

the only way to fuck with the credit card company is to pay your whole bill every month, they can't make no profit out of you, but then again it defeats the purpose of having a credit card?

wtf was she supposed to do? Pay thousands in interest and fees every month? Getting a loan would mean she's paying maybe $50 in interest per month as opposed to hundreds or even a thousand. That was the best way out. Yeah, it's best to not use your cc at all or pay it off every month, but once you are in a bad situation, you have to get yourself out somehow, or your credit is screwed for life. America runs on credit. That's just the way it is.