Topic: Ai Records - 10 years old - OUT SOON

Hi all,

Apologies if anyone has posted about this already.

Ai Records is 10 this year and is celebrating by producing a very special LP. There will only be 125 copies and each will have a very limited, specially commissioned artwork.

There are 10 tracks split over 2 LPs including tracks from FZV, Dez Williams, Najem Sworb, The Third Man, Pathic, Plant43, EOC, Sinner DC and Michael Manning.

More info here:

http://www.airecords.com

Thanks smile

Re: Ai Records - 10 years old - OUT SOON

Wow, long run. Must have been around 8 years ago I picked up the Leisure LP.

Congratz

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Any soundclips ?

depress the repress

Mr. Satellite wrote:

Any soundclips ?

The tracks will be up on Beatport very soon, I'll post an update when they are ready. Cheers for the interest smile

i like that trippy cartoon 10 on the site but

aic wrote:

...but

Fair enough but just out of interest, how much do peeps think is a fair price for 2 x limited edition vinyl LPs? Just having a skim about on Juno it doesn't seem that much. In fact it's quite cheap compared to some, like this for instance:

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/365248-01.htm

do you not agree that 125/125 of those limited edition records will sit on a shelf for the duration of their life, no matter if the tracks are good or not? its all one big graphic design orgy.

limited editions are sound, same old argument about price though, if they're good, they'll increase in value over time, no need to make them that expensive at the release. do you even get to have one since you've got a track on it?

(that orgue electronique is half the price elsewhere by the way, juno have fucked up i think.)

it is pricey yeah, but so is a lot of that minimal wave releases - about 18 stg for a single lp. vinyl on demand stuff is dear too - sweet packaging though - and that's what you're paying for really. that and the fact they make it limited - like those red bunkers. if the tracks are top class, i would maybe consider it. but the tracks on it have nothing to do with the srelling price.  it's a tough one for labels - i can''t imagine the likes of ai sell a huge amount on vinyl these days anyway. so, what's the options - do a nice package with artwork and hand-crafted stuff etc. and charge a bit more but make less. or do it normal and press 500 and have half of 'em sitting in a distributor warehouse. i reckon these extras or gimmicks whatever you want to call em are one of the decreasing number of ways to get people to pay for the physical product.

good luck to em if they get 125 people picking it up - they probably will. just about.

how did those 20quid bunkers do in the end? clone still has most of them available.

Bunker went back to a more normal price, the red ones weren't the 20 euro ones those were the robot-dystopias

11 (edited by black shape 2009-10-16 08:53:03)

Ai has always been very fair on prices, i buy from the label, and always have thought i had a good deal.
however 35 is a joke, even if it is 2LP its only 10 tracks.

one of the best ways IMO to get people to buy the physical product, is not gimmicks, we're not idiots afterall, but to offer a good fair price with good music throughout. simple. this release does not do that, but ai generally does do that
maybe i can pick up cheap later when they dont sell, its not like ai sells out everything anyway, but i do think theres enough people who will still pay up, so good luck

yeah

Let's get Dumb

For anyone that wanted to hear clips, this release is now available on Beatport:

http://bit.ly/3oftoR

Thanks

Hi Plant,
   Well you have done the great job regarding the collection of the track of the  FZV, Dez Williams, Michael Manning etc.While from that my favourite is the Michael Manning I always heard him,I like all the track of the Michael Manning.Thanks for providing the track of the Michael Manning.

sandyrochard A.K.A Michael Manning

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → New Releases → Ai Records - 10 years old - OUT SOON