Topic: Anyone else got mexican (swine) flu?

Since 23 Oktober the epidemic is officially here in Holland, I noticed already around me lots of people were sick already.
First my little son had almost 4 days of fever and was really sleepy, now I've got it too. The dokter confirmed yesterday my son has flu.
I have no fever, but around my head it feels like there is a strongly tight belt, and regularly a nasty sting reminds me I am not 100%.  A heavy weight sits there in my neck and shoulders and at my lower back. I am kind of vague, but I am clear enough to do anything... although I dont feel like ofcourse.

Since almost a year I did put in some effort to beef up my resistance, cause I am convinced this is the only way to get well through this flu (and a lot of other illnesses).
Cranking up your own self healing mechanism is the way to go, the way I feel now proves I am right because I could have hit me much, much worse. I am not snotty, sneezing or coughing and have no fever, I just feel lousy but give me another 24 hrs and I will be almost recovered.

So my advice to anyone, eat large portions of different fruits all day. Serve yourself raw food (once a day at least... fresh salad, carrots, paprika whatever). Make smoothies and blend all fruit, dont forget to add strawberries... well, all berries are really powerful. Synthetic vitamin pills cannot stand up to this, but naturally produced fruit based supplements can, but it cost more (1 bottle = around 40 euros) for 1 month. But consider this improves your health and resistance greatly, then in my opinion its not that expensive at all.

Anyone alse enjoying this nastyness?

Strictly Rockaas

Re: Anyone else got mexican (swine) flu?

welcome to the 21st century
http://www.apotheke.biz/productimages/hashed/0/1/5/0157931g.jpg

3 (edited by Obi1r 2009-10-24 12:12:31)

Your 21st century is all about money making, score100.
The main goal of the food and pharmaceutical industry is not improving your health... its business, and business is about making money.

Do not spill your money on buying Centrum pills, it doesnt do anything healthy for you. Better to pend your money on music!

Strictly Rockaas

4 (edited by NoiZe 2009-10-24 12:11:49)

gonna pick up a anti flu shot this tuesday and in two weeks the anti mex. flu shot (= too late?).
I'm in the high risk group and don't want to die wink

i had it last week and the only cure is drink hot milk with a lot of this:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~bam04/images/whisky.jpg
if you can leave the milk and drink only the whisky it

6 (edited by herman13 2009-10-24 13:21:00)

Victor Ramos wrote:

i had it last week and the only cure is drink hot milk with a lot of this:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~bam04/images/whisky.jpg
if you can leave the milk and drink only the whisky it

7 (edited by olivier8 2009-10-24 13:26:40)

http://tidirect.com/sb/St%20Bernard.jpg

score100 wrote:

welcome to the 21st century
http://www.apotheke.biz/productimages/h … 57931g.jpg

I've tried that stuff a couple of times (for like, a few months in a row each) and it really didn't seem to have any impact on me other than costing substantial amounts of money smile

hoi!

Silver; that's what I mean and you're not alone in this. Until you have tried a real good food supplement you will feel it does benefit you
Like this
http://www.jus.net/dutch/
Well there are probably more like these, but J

Strictly Rockaas

thanks for robbing my placebo effect

well ah anyway I dont care let me die earlier then.
the 21st century is not only an age of money making, but an age of general big fatted health caring enthusaism with ueberbio hype and cynical "just look how much we care" fake ass 'lets make the world better'-showoff bullshit.

Bah its clean, this is not healthy there, this shouldn't be done here, fuck it I just live the prognosted cyberpunk-reality of having an inhumane wasted life with the cheapest and "low quality" food and dirtiest surroundings ever and spend money to the big bosses so they can jerk off on how high their course is going.
And then?
Probably in ten years they find out salad is all unhealthy and the ones who ate burgers all the time will live much longer.

I don't mind, I don't need all this fake moral soul cleansing, we're livng way too clean these days anyway.
I do care about things that are real, that I know to the fullest because i fucking know to the last molecule what it is and how it became what it is,
but I don't need my life to be lead by world news corperation created panic attacks about the biggest new danger and the worlds most dangerous fart.

score100 wrote:

but I don't need my life to be lead by world news corperation created panic attacks about the biggest new danger and the worlds most dangerous fart.

I really wonder what the "worlds most dangerous fart" might sound like and what makes it more dangerous - the sound or the smell of it...

lärm macht spass!

no one knows that and they can't film it either since it has no substance, but its really dangerous I heard, afluencea dulexa ff#$%%% ftw

14 (edited by cebteq 2009-10-24 18:28:40)

Its better than the chinese bird flu wink if you want to talk about givernments fucking withyou..
less than 1%  of those infected are in any real danger so stop being a little bitch and take it like a man.  Don't forget to drink your juicy juice

15 (edited by Obi1r 2009-10-24 20:02:05)

Can they introduce us a version of flu nastier than the Chinese bird flu? Should be great cause maybe then 20% dies and we all gonna care more about things that are really important.

But anyway... the majority of the Dutch people are much less 'enthousiastic' about their health, much different than the US. For instance, the advice given here is eating 2 pieces of fruit and 200 grams of veggies every day... that advice dates from 3 ages ago and never has been changed.
In the US they advice 5 times as much, in Spain 3 times.
Holland gives the lowest advice of all western countries... maybe because we are the tallest, toughest and strongest of all humans... any disease coming our way we spit out, laugh our ass off yelling is that all you've got??!! (all this while rockin' crazy on the best radiostation we've got ofcourse..!)

Strictly Rockaas

here's an e-mail my brother got from his school, Humboldt State, here in California...

"Students,

The campus has received confirmation that Art Professor Wayne Knight's death earlier this morning was due to complications brought on by H1N1 (swine) flu. His death is a terrible loss for our campus community. It is also an important reminder of the need to take H1N1 seriously.

This past week the Student Health Center has seen a significant increase in the number of students who are ill with H1N1 flu. Nationwide and locally, most people suffer from a few days of illness and recover uneventfully.

However, some individuals have become quite ill with pneumonia following their initial illness.

This disease, which is mostly mild, can affect some individuals rapidly and severely. It is important that seriously ill people seek treatment promptly."

fuck fruits and veggies. this flu will disappear like any other (tremendous!!!) flu of past years, or the mad cow or whatever. Really fed up with this world panic behaviour, when is not one is the other, the terrorists, and this and that.

Obi1r wrote:

Silver; that's what I mean and you're not alone in this. Until you have tried a real good food supplement you will feel it does benefit you
Like this
http://www.jus.net/dutch/
Well there are probably more like these, but J

hoi!

Cloud9; You can improve the chance to get pneumonia by; taking pain relief medicine, or tamiflu because you 'seem' to recover quicker you have the urge to start picking up your daily routine again while the illness in still active inside you, this way you expose your still weakened system to other complications like pneumonia... risking death.

Nothing strange or conspiracy about it, this is old stuff from the medical book.
But for the ones who think fruit & veggies suck, please indulge yourself into modern medicine if you think you are better off... just prove me medicine can cure chronic diseases!
At best medicine suppress the annoying effects (pain) of the disease, but medicine rarely cures chronic disease (Flu is not chronic, btw)  In general its better to stay away from medicine unless you really need them.
Eating fruit & veggies daily have proven their strength already over millions of years.

A recommended documentairy is Food Matters.

Strictly Rockaas

Two collegue's of my brother had swine flu. Nothing special. All good and working again.

Obi1r, I think your disease (retardeness) has not cure! please stop moaning...

Merci!

Patrick Bateman wrote:

Obi1r, I think your disease (retardeness) has not cure! please stop moaning...

Merci!

How's that for a first post. Trying to get popular, Frenchie?

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Has anyone gotten the vaccine? Some of the ones here in the US have trace mercury in them, thimerisol, which has been banned in most EU countries.

There's been some sick people around me, I am not sure it is was H1N1, but I have been ok so far, luckily. To prevent it I've just been trying to gets lots of sleep, lots of fluids, take my vitamins, wash my hands frequently, gargle periodically with warm salt water, and of course eat healthy as usual. I am crossing my fingers and hoping it works.

I also want to take an epsom salt bath one of these days for some additional detox.

I just bought a whole new bag of epsom salt  let me know if you want to come over and take a bath

You gotta eat lots of lentil soup or the great plomeek soup recipe from Spock
http://www.soupsong.com/rplomeek.html

Pages 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Anyone else got mexican (swine) flu?

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB