KRAFTWERK
plus
Soulwax
Comtron
The Jimmy Cake
Dark Room Notes
Boxcutter
D1 DJ's

On 13th September 2008 nature and technology will harmonise as never before when the magical Luggala estate welcomes Robot Electro Gods: Kraftwerk.

Set within the lushness of this 6,000 acre Wicklow estate, Kraftwerk will take to a stage in the one of the most breathtaking locations to host a music event in Ireland, nestled between two mountains overlooking Loch Dan.

'Luggala isn't so much an estate as a kingdom, a veritable Middle Earth of heather-covered mountains, silvery waterfalls and lakes, emerald forest and meadows.'

Capacity will be limited to 4,999 and with doors opening at 3pm people can enjoy the beautiful scenery in this unique setting. Kick back and relax on beanbags, take part in tribal workshops and enjoy cocktails, organic food and chill out in the EP favourite Body and Soul area. This will be 'the greenest event in the world this year' according to promoter John Reynolds with no cars permitted. The ticket price for this one day event will include transport from Dublin city centre or a Park & Ride facility from Leopardstown Racecourse.

Having played the Electric Picnic three years ago it's a welcome return to these shores for Kraftwerk, when you take into account its their only show in Western Europe in 2008 it makes all the more special. Commonly referred to as the "Godfathers of electronic music" Kraftwerk pioneered the genre in the 1970s and their influence on other bands is incalculable. So ahead of their time, we are still catching up. Few bands arouse such intrigue as this quartet from Dusseldorf who will be performing a two hour show. Notoriously reclusive, Kraftwerk rarely provide interviews or media appearances and opt to send their robot doubles as stand ins for official photographs. Their live appearances are also becoming increasingly infrequent so Irish fans are in for a double treat witnessing this enigmatic band in breathtaking grounds, never before used for this purpose.

Background Luggala info:
Guinness heir Gareth Brown resides at Luggala. Founder of Claddagh Records record label in 1959 which recorded many of the classic traditional music albums of the last five decades, he also discovered The Chieftains, the first band to make Irish traditional music popular around the world.

Slightly more compelling is the story behind Gareth's brother, Tara Brown. Socialite and enthusiast of London Counterculture, Tara was a good friend of the Beatles. Paul McCartney met Tara for the first time in the same club where he would eventually meet Linda. In 1966 at the age of 21, and rumoured to be on mind expanding drugs at the time, Tara drove his sports car at high speed through red lights in South Kensington, smashing into a van and killing himself. It was this that inspired John Lennon to write the lines "I heard the news today oh boy" and "he blew his mind out in a car" from the Beatles song 'A Day in the Life'. Tara Brown is buried at Luggala

http://www.adayinthelifefestival.com/

good thing its in cycling distance from me.

Re: KRAFTWERK & Others / 13 Sep 2008 / Luggala, Wicklow, Ireland

still in two minds about this. 90 euro before i've spent anything on beer and really, kraftwerk would be the only people i'd want to see there. do i really trust pod concerts to put on a decent day out? and will it be worth 150 euro or so (after beer) to see kraftwerk?

this is the "venue". could it be any less Kraftwerk? wink

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/albums/ireland_lough_tay_july_2005/lough_tay_3.sized.jpg

somatron wrote:

still in two minds about this. 90 euro before i've spent anything on beer and really, kraftwerk would be the only people i'd want to see there. do i really trust pod concerts to put on a decent day out? and will it be worth 150 euro or so (after beer) to see kraftwerk?

only if there's a timecapsule before the gig starts imo

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Paudical wrote:

this is the "venue". could it be any less Kraftwerk? wink

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/albums/ir … .sized.jpg

Sheeeet, bro. That is gonna rock so hard. *speechless*

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

ticket bought. cant wait

Booked flight from Eindhoven (90 euro pp) and staying 3 nights in Dublin, can

nice one koktale!

this place is very reasonable - http://www.graftonguesthouse.com/ and right in the centre of town.