1 (edited by DamDuram 2010-03-17 19:14:02)

Topic: working in rotterdam/amsterdam, Antwerpen?

Re: working in rotterdam/amsterdam, Antwerpen?

Hey DamDuram,

About Antwerpen I do not know the details, but for The Netherlands this is my view on things:
A lot of Toolmakers are in trouble, quite a lot went bankrupt or are scaling down. Luckily skilled tech guys are always needed. And some draai/frees companies are having orders for well in to 2011! Especially some ISO TS certified companies working for the oil drilling industries are very busy.

I'm working in the automotive industry, which was hit very hard in this crisis. Like I said before, Toolmakers who are making progressive dies and other types of newly build tools are in trouble. These guys are desperate for work. But companies making spare parts are quite busy (CNC-milling and turning). Can you also work with CNC milling-, punch- and laser cuting machines?

On the net a lot of CNC jobs are offered. My brother just got hired by this company:
Van Bilsen metaal industrie BV.  www.vanbilsenmetaal.nl
For what I understand they are still looking for people.

By the way, German is in many cases even more useful in technical jobs than English is. Money wise I don't know what a CNC draaier makes per hour/ month. But I am sure it is a little more than in Deutschland.

A list of CNC draaiwork:
http://www.jobrapido.nl/?w=cnc%20draaier&l=

If you need some help, let me know.
Good luck!!

Detroit aan de Ouwegracht

Real estate agents, bankers, investors, restaurant owners, they all got us by the balls right now and in some way I can't blame 'em... The legacy the babyboomers left us is shit. The only remedy agains frustrated cunts is to become one yourself it seems. There's folk walking around making 2000+ a month pretending they're barely breaking and telling others 1250 is a decent wage.

Sorry, not really related to your post I had to let that go. Grrrrrrrr.

4 (edited by DamDuram 2010-03-17 19:14:19)

how about healthcare jobs such as nursing?

anybody got the 411 on that?

Im dying to get out of America and move to netherlands

@damduran
did you checked EURES?
http://ec.europa.eu/eures/home.jsp?lang=de
i would recommend to send a letter of application in NL or English if you want to apply for a job in NL or Belgium.

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Hey DamDuram,

How is your NYE hangover? Mine is about totally gone... At last!

This company fits your profile quite well (I hope):
http://www.stork-gears.com/index.php
On the webpage they do not offer draai-jobs, but on an other site they asked for draaiers.

It's in R'dam. Stork is one of our bigger originally Dutch tech companies. They are in all sorts of industries: Chicken butchering equipment, aviation parts and also big ass gear boxes... Judging from the international profile this particular company has, using English when you are applying would be no problem at all. They also have a sister company in Antwerp, but my guess is that Belgium has a higher unemployment rate than we have. So, better chances for you in Rotjeknor.

I will try to gather some info on which controls are generally used in The Netherlands. Personally I do not have any professional experience in Turning or Milling. The tool makers who are working for me will have to help me out on this one.

About you not having a drivers licence: This way you are limiting your self a great deal. But than again you know this. That's why working in R'dam seemed good: lot's of public transport and the possibility of going by bicycle.

If you send a letter in English please make sure it is in perfect English. Just ask some one to check the spelling and the structure. Germans are known for there Punktlichkeit, this will be expected form you too! We (the Dutch) like to mess with Germans, so watch out! Haha!

@ Pablodiskobar: Rustig an ouwe, word niet zelf al te frustie! Gewoon naar voetbal blijven gaan, je pils drinken en wachten op de lente...

Detroit aan de Ouwegracht

Funkbox wrote:

how about healthcare jobs such as nursing?

anybody got the 411 on that?

Im dying to get out of America and move to netherlands

learn Dutch, its suuuuuch an easy language big_smile

9 (edited by DamDuram 2010-03-17 19:14:35)

DamDuram wrote:

@funkbox: what is a 411? some kind of permission? is it that hard in the usa atm?

Nah man, 411 is just slang for information. Here you can dial 1+411 and you get an operator and you can ask her adresses for places, ect.

I feel the same way about America as you do Germany. I feel like I need to get outta here too.

CNC? like CNC router that can cut wood and make designs in whatever?

the cabinet shop my dad used to work at had two CNC's and they used to pay a guy like $90,000 a year to run it but that was two years ago and my dad has since quit because the guy was a complete asshole to work for
dont know who is running it now?

11 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2010-01-05 07:52:04)

Holland is the last place you wanna go, dutch people are high on the list of retarded inbred mongoloids

For foreigners outside europe, There is not much change of working here its tough with the imigration laws.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Holland is the last place you wanna go, dutch people are high on the list of retarded inbred mongoloids

C'mon Smackie, where is your national pride?

On a serious note: he's right. Only have to watch Dutch TV / listen to mainstream Dutch music to know he is.

But you guys are welcome anyways. First beer is on me.

stay in the US, Europe's a shithole

14 (edited by El Replicante 2010-01-16 06:46:18)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

hhmm, must be a nice guy this squadra smackos... who do u think u are...?