Topic: Valencia, Spain

A buddy and I will be traveling to Valencia in late March. We pretty much want to just eat good Valencian/Spanish food, relax, and drink. Maybe while near the coast.

Any suggestions?

Re: Valencia, Spain

are you going there during the fallas ? if so expect parties all over the place !

hasnt been there for a while so cant really suggest restaurants or clubs but in the area you have to visit denia if you go on the coast, its a very nice laidback coastal city.

I did not know what the fallas were until you mentioned them: but no. It seems we will be there a week later.

And we will only be in Valencia 2 days since we've tentatively scheduled other cities as well (Barcelona, Madrid), but Denia sounds nice and we will consider it.

Thanks!

4 (edited by Jap the Lad 2010-02-23 12:43:46)

if you are into football check out the mestalla stadium that Valencia CF play at. There wont be many more opportunities to do so as they are moving to a new modern stadium as of next season I think.  The Mestalla looks/feels like a piece of architectural improbability - 3 tiers, nauseatingly steep, with the old main stand hanging over a residential street and a cauldron of at atmosphere when full to capacity.  It has a magical presence about it.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pi … alla.shtml

that looks mental steep man!

Sounds like a cool idea. Will there be any trouble getting in?