Topic: Singapore

Anywhere in Singapore I should check out? Any buzz round these parts?

Re: Singapore

eat at the hawker centers. the best food in the world for low prices.

http://www.angryangmo.com/2009/03/20/be … singapore/

Jup do that! real good and (in contradiction to malaysia) clean food

I spent a week in the Copthorne Orchid. We were upgraded from a Superior room to a Deluxe room in the Plymouth wing. This was our sixth time in the hotel, and while we never had cause to complain, the 3 holidays that we spent in a deluxe room were certainly fantastic, above expectations.

^^ who is this guy? tripadvisor for robots?

keep hackney crap

i smell a bot

Not that much buzz I'm afraid. I've been living here for the past 4 months. When are you coming out? I'm leaving soon I'm afraid, otherwise I'd offer to show you around...

The food's great. There are loads of hawker centres with different street food style stalls. Singaporeans are obsessed with food!

Newton's great for seafood but a bit pricey, Maxwell road's pretty good as well. East Coast park seafood centre as well. There's another great one near Robertson road but the name escapes me, its a big round one. Little India has some really good Indian restaurants, especially southern veggie ones.

You have to try the grilled stingray with sambal sauce, its seriously tasty. Also Chilli Crab is a national institution. I love that  food so much. Palm beach seafood's a good place for that. They have a few branches. Dim Sum, Indonesian, Malay etc. is all great here. I really recommend the malay food actually, its usually called muslim food or whatever. Great southeast asian curries.

Mm, nightlife wise, there's clarke quay which is horrible and overpriced. Blue jazz is cool for live music and has a nice vibe, its just off Arab street, which has load of Hookah cafes etc. Mimolette is in a park by the riding school. Its quite smart but can be fun. The Prince of Wales in little India has good bands sometimes and is quite chilled.

There are also some quite good clubs. Check to see what's on. The Butter Factory's not bad and Zouk's meant to be good.
That's about all I can think of at the moment. Have fun! The people are really friendly and its a really relaxed place.