Re: Cyber Dance 007 - Andy Romano EP

byron wrote:

do you think you would have commented so strongly about this release if it was on a different label?

it wouldn't come out on a different label

lol

lol.. bias just cracked me up here with his pics while scrolling down the thread.. haha

solid release though, like said before. but i dunno if i'd buy it...

black shape wrote:

its not because its retro that it sucks, its because it sucks. it's music by numbers
i have no problem with homage, reference, or someone being obsessed by 1983, but that does not make it good does it?? anyway to me it could be hommage just as much as a shit fake, it still sounds like a shit fake
its like i already heard it a million times before, and then its from 2010!!! come on why do you lap this shit up??

I'm only new here and not really used to how the forum works yet so not trying to start any arguments but I don't get it... why r u so threatened by this record? who is lapping what up? and why does it matter when something is made? surely it only matters how it sounds and if u like it? I'm not saying yr wrong, I just dont understand why the big drama over this record in particular.

hahahaha italo ist soooo 1983!!! i like much better klownkore und bavarian haus now, like hallo! just look at this damned idiot, he is fool who produced FRED VENTURA! pure scheisser ahhahahahahahaha big_smile

err ok... I quite like Mr Ventura

@ system_addict, there is quite a lot of elitism on the forum and people are very opinionated and serious about such things.

Anything that seems like "Electroclash" or taking into account fashion or image consciousness is generally frowned upon, unless it is actually from the 80s.

Also there are certain labels that certain people enjoy criticising for the fun of it , and also genuine dislike.

But most people also like Fred Ventura and I think Randy Dortmund is making a joke of people saying "electroclash is so 2002" by comparing it to saying "Italo is so 1983".....

Anyway, the forum is an embarrassment of riches, with many knowledgable music collectors and lovers who (mostly) like to share their passion for music.... so enjoy it!

ok thanks for explaining... but one thing I still dont get (if its all about fashion or image) is isn't andy romano taking the piss in that pic? it looked like he's having a joke at that kind of thing to me. his other youtube clips seem to have joke record covers as well. this one in particular http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7wzkACR1Y I reckon he's having a laugh.

The idea that Cyberdance and those involved in the surrounding community are fashion victims is also laughable. It's much like calling the kind of people who hang out in The Games Workshop a bunch of Hipsters...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/31/arts/31trek2.jpg

GO BACK TO KRYPTON FASHIONISTA SCUM!!!

no, i mean its music by numbers. like i said.

36 (edited by ytz 2010-03-28 16:30:03)

i like this track. most music is by numbers. ask kraftwerk  tongue

edit: gf thought i was playing a song that had the chorus "el retard/el retard"

cuties don't exert

scott_neon wrote:

Opinion is fair enough, but why resort to the low level of criticising a person's appearance?

Sorry to say it, but the forum is now overly subscribed with bitching, whining, complaining and hating for the sake of it, and bears little resemblence to the convivial atmosphere of the old CBS.

wasn't it the bitching, whining, complaining and hating for the sake of it that lead to the closure of the old forum?

cuties don't exert

scott_neon wrote:

@ system_addict, there is quite a lot of elitism on the forum and people are very opinionated and serious about such things.

Anything that seems like "Electroclash" or taking into account fashion or image consciousness is generally frowned upon, unless it is actually from the 80s.

Also there are certain labels that certain people enjoy criticising for the fun of it , and also genuine dislike.

But most people also like Fred Ventura and I think Randy Dortmund is making a joke of people saying "electroclash is so 2002" by comparing it to saying "Italo is so 1983".....

Anyway, the forum is an embarrassment of riches, with many knowledgable music collectors and lovers who (mostly) like to share their passion for music.... so enjoy it!

very well summed up

This place has turned into what the CBS turned into.

40 (edited by ytz 2010-03-28 20:21:56)

meschi

it's not that bad... surely  smile

edit.

anyone remember happy helmets?

cuties don't exert

Any self-respecting electronic musician could churn out tons of this stale italo cliche stuff, what's the point?

Monkey see, monkey do.

biotek wrote:

Any self-respecting electronic musician could churn out tons of this stale italo cliche stuff, what's the point?

maybe it's fun.

i want to hear biotek make italo

this isn't a diss, i just think it would be interesting hearing his take on the sound

cuties don't exert

yes that would be interesting

black shape wrote:

no, i mean its music by numbers. like i said.

Sayonara Robot sounds like The Walk by The Cure, I'll give you that. Some people will get a kick out of that fact.

I think I must stress at this point that my statements have no personal vitriol against you: but didn't you say:

really nothing new in ideas here, but shit like this will get me every time

in reference to a Bim Marx track?

I'm not sure why "I like this despite it sounding like a bunch of other things" and "I hate this BECAUSE it sounds like a bunch of other things" the latter requires so much anger?

biotek wrote:

A very good friend of mine said something similar to me in regards to some faux horror soundtrack music he had made in one afternoon. We had a long discussion about "the point" and concluded that my friend considered making music like that a waste of his time, whilst with me, making music like that made me happy and that was reason enough to keep doing it.

46 (edited by black shape 2010-03-29 17:43:44)

but you can sound like other stuff and be good, or bad.

it was only cause meschi was saying all that complaining about new music being dull, check this out for freshness, well, i dunno, i prolly just took it oo seriously. to me its the antithesis of what decent electronic music is about and thats what this forum is supposed to be about

black shape wrote:

i prolly just took it oo seriously.

indeed brother. lighten up.

im just glad this crap isnt played on ifm,  I guess im not the only one who thinks its lame

it has been played on IFM though...

black shape wrote:

but you can sound like other stuff and be good, or bad.

it was only cause meschi was saying all that complaining about new music being dull, check this out for freshness, well, i dunno, i prolly just took it oo seriously. to me its the antithesis of what decent electronic music is about and thats what this forum is supposed to be about

I think it's just a bit of fun to be honest, I don't think andy romano is claiming to be re-writing avant garde music or sth