Topic: When are you gonna drop the rock?

Or maybe you never will. You can buy a fine synth for it instead...
But for me no synth, instead I bought her the rock and asked her to marry. I have to say I did stand my ground and kept her waiting almost 10 years, feeling her breath in my neck every now and then but since last year she didn't mention it anymore. For me the sign to go for it, I asked her and saved a nice amount of money so she could choose a ring. And yes she said.
We are living together for a long time now, have a kid so its a small step to make it official.

So when are you gonna drop the rock?

Strictly Rockaas

Re: When are you gonna drop the rock?

Hieperdepiep Huraaaayyy...
Still remember the day you introduced her at your famous mattress chill party back in summer 2000
You two lovable fit like puzzle-pieces and it's beautiful to read you're gonna make it official and (above all) endless !!!

My very best wishes to you both and your 'spruit' ;-)

Sander

congratz ob1!

me? "i'm still looking for the right girl"

(don't tell gf tho)

cuties don't exert

Congrats Obi!

yeah congrats! all the best to you two.

so far theres only been on girl who i thought could be "the one".. but we're not seeing each other for some months now sad ah well whatever.. there are more fish swimming in the sea. someday, who knows.. im still young after all..
or maybe ill just die alone listening my records

congrats ras obi1r.

me and my lady are expecting our daughter by end of april. we both want to get married but have very different wants.
she is happy to get married in hackney town hall, civil ceremony, no church and reception in london fields (park around the corner from town hall), food will be bbq and booze come from local turkish off licence. only negative is she wants a rock worth one month salary.

thing is these rocks are rip off, there are billions of em in the ground but de viers and other russian cartel limit supply to rest of us pay stupid money. i even got her to watch 'blood diamonds' but it didn't do shit to change her mind.

anyway like you, i save some shekels and the best excuse for a party is round the corner

ital congrats again

keep hackney crap

byron; buying a ring with a stone is indeed expensive... but let me give you an advice how to save quite a bit of money.
When you have more time than money, buy the stone and the ring separately.
The quality and how big the stone is determine the price. Go to the diamond sellers and negotiate (Antwerp is a good place, and you can go record shopping as well...). Then find a nice ring and go to your local shop or a craftsmen to fit your stone on your ring.
If you do this well you get it all for half the price you pay normally, you get much more value for your money...

Strictly Rockaas

i was married four years ago, on a beach in paradise.
We had been together for five years previously.
Chose to go with rings tattoo'd on our fingers, no 'Rock', no 'Metal'.
Our marriage ended around Christmas last year.
i am still 'wearing' the ring......

for now i only drop bass

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Congratultions Obi.  Girls like rocks

Getting married and having a kid has bought me more pleasure than any synth I've ever owned.

@Obi: congrats! i always said i won't marry and today's divorce rate just makes me question the whole thing. i'd say if you've made ten years together you can go much longer though, so no reason not to drop the rock.

@byron: eheheh quite the contrasting program you got there with a rock that would get you at least three smashing wedding parties in hackney smile

@yokomode: you live you learn...

@koova: again, looking at the modern days' divorce rates i'd say any synth is much easier and less costly to fix than a marriage tho... and a broken marriage will obviously be much more of a money pit than a broken synth. i do read you tho.

getting married is easy but getting a divorce isn't, and also the whole allamoni thing is just not from this time anymore
just thinking about that makes me think twice

congratz anyway obi don't want to disturb you..

Vlam Aan

Congratulations Obi1r/Far I! I've been married for four years now & have a kid and have to agree with Koova.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

it must be the kid cuz i cant imagine the pleasure of fucking the same chick for the rest of your life

kids don`t fuck.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

youre sick captain lol

sure, ceb.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYNVagcocM[/youtube]

cuties don't exert

http://dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com/simpsonsgood44.jpg

congratz Obi, totally understaind this: wait till she stops asking thing smile I'm still waiting till she stops asking but think I'll have to stand my ground for another 5 or 6 years before that happens wink I just doesn't feel right when you do it because she askes you to do it... don't know why women don't understaind that....

see if you can get something in exchange for the rock. my wife bought me a 303. Fair trade

Haaaha. I'd take the 303 tongue

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

teknob wrote:

see if you can get something in exchange for the rock. my wife bought me a 303. Fair trade

Whaha, in that case I'll get married soon wink

just now seeing this. Congrats obi!

I am gonna do it when I graduate school in 2 years!

and if she says no I am leaving her  (NO FUCKING LIE!)

25 (edited by huxflux 2010-05-28 23:57:28)

i did 3 years ago, since then its pretty much gone downhill in a 6-year relationship. Just ourselfs to blaim since we had our own lifes, went so far that we were going to separate with her plans to move to finland (from sweden) and shared parenthood with 2 kids.
I am gonna stick to this, I love her, she loves me, we live kinda own lifes allthough i want more time with her but she needs her "space". Life is strange, i never thought it would turn like this.

Good thing is that its been hard times but we still working on our problems determined.

Drop the rock if shes the one smile