Re: When are you gonna drop the rock?

Why first get a child and then marry?
If you want kids, it's time to marry.

Sander wrote:

Why first get a child and then marry?
If you want kids, it's time to marry.

first child pure accident if you'd like to call it like that, we lived in different countries wink So just had to work it up since we believed in the relationship.

Is it different in other countries then in north btw? Here many are questioning the marriage part, its like why do it when you can just live together without involving old traditions.

huxflux wrote:

Is it different in other countries then in north btw? Here many are questioning the marriage part, its like why do it when you can just live together without involving old traditions.

Well, in germany for example, being married gives certain tax advantages, as well as legal recognition of the relationship. Furthermore, for multi-national couples, marriage tends to simplify residency visas, passports, citizenships, etc.

29 (edited by Sander 2010-05-30 23:06:19)

Well a marriage used to mean, stay together till dead. But nowadays everyone just marry very quick
and then divorce a year later.  People marry multiple times. In that way a marriage is not so important anymore. It's worth much less then back in the days.  I still believe it is possible to marry someone and stay with the person for ever. Also nice when you get childeren. I would not have a kid without a marriage first.

we're well on our way to that 'forever' point.. 20 years next year.. cool

20 years.. man and I thought I was doing good with 2.5 years wink It's good to see people still in it for the long run. Like Sander says, marriage has lost a lot of its meaning. It's all too disposable..

Heil CBS

ytz wrote:

congratz ob1!

me? "i'm still looking for the right girl"

(don't tell gf tho)

congrats obi and i'm the situation as described in above quote smile

hoi!

@huxflux: man, sorry to hear that things have gone down hill.
Me and my girl just cant stand to be without each other.(thats why we are still together)
Kids are fun!

rude66 wrote:

we're well on our way to that 'forever' point.. 20 years next year.. cool

man thats beautiful!   me and mine make 13yrs next week!