Topic: Do EUropeans care?

Just wondering if any of you care about what is going on in Greece? (do any of you even know)

Being it could potentially pull the whole EU economy into darkness.

I figured yall would be all over this.

Just wondering.

Re: Do EUropeans care?

This looks like it's gonna be a "marriage" going from better to worse...

"Are you loving?"

I've never liked the European Union. Mostly because it's way too expensive to have a decent holiday there these days.

The price of everything doubled, yet people are earning the same wages.  eg. Portugal.

Soon you can come back Ramos, cause there's a good side: thanks to Greece the euro will loose some of it's value. Funny though, 6 years ago Europe was all schmuck about the US with it's gigantic dept, high interest and people working three jobs... If things get worse we'll head in that direction ourselves. We'll see. 6 more years and we can be schmuck again.

The IMF solution cant really make a difference to a country thats so already fucked. surely it's prolonging the inevitable..total collapse of politics / economy.

the greeks seriously know about real riots man. its a really corrupt country but also very real poverty.

what does this mean for europe and the euro if greece go alone? The spiral begins no?

yeh i care.

At least they have RIOT DOG

http://www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/riot-dog-2008.jpg

euro will drop which means records from europe is cheaper for me, and also wine is back to being worth bringing back from France.
@ funkbox what about California, isnt that going to be just as fucked soon too?

I try to avoid the news and focus on good, happy thoughts. Lalalalalalajoy.

Soon that country will sink under its own corrupt weight. Remember Atlantis was around the corner...
Europe's problem solved.

Strictly Rockaas

10 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2010-05-07 10:29:32)

It won't get better I'm afraid, there are more countries that are insolvent due to their high public dificit: Spain, Portugal, the problems in Greece will cause a domino effect so it's only the beginning now. A eurozone is only interesting if all participants are financially healthy. Anyone who studied a bit of economics knows that eastern European countries are insolvent and if you know that countries like f.e. Estland want to join it won't get better. I just don't get it.

"A Real Music Hater"

http://www.econoshock.be/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Greece-Riots-Anniversary152925-300x300.jpg
These people in the background are all tax evaders, this sport is more popular than soccer.
http://images.ibox.bg/2008/12/09/athens/519x346.jpg
Fire inna Babylon!

Strictly Rockaas

estonia is in quite good shape so i think it's good if they join.

re: greece, i think it's good EU bails them out. it demonstrates that the system is working and displays solidarity towards the weaker members. of course, it is now up to greece to fulfill their part of the deal and solve their financial problems for good.

the banks win again

it`s better to help a EU member and in the same way the whole Euro thing instead of turn oil into water.  wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

15 (edited by --/~~~~ 2010-05-07 23:29:31)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

It won't get better I'm afraid, there are more countries that are insolvent due to their high public dificit: Spain, Portugal, the problems in Greece will cause a domino effect so it's only the beginning now. A eurozone is only interesting if all participants are financially healthy. Anyone who studied a bit of economics knows that eastern European countries are insolvent and if you know that countries like f.e. Estland want to join it won't get better. I just don't get it.

You know, Belgium has way, way more debt than Portugal and Spain. And a totally fucked political system too. England and Ireland have much higher budget deficits running ATM compared to Portugal and Spain.
It seems stereotypes are their worst enemies.

Bulgaria and Romania have about the lowest relative debt and budget deficits of the entire EU. it would help if you actually studied economics a bit instead of holding up prejudices from some imagined financial moral highground.

But Greece is another story.
Greece has been living way above it's standard for the last ten years. Sponsered by the EU...I could see it with my own eyes when i visited Athens 8 years ago.

so are we pro-euro or anti-euro? would any robots prefer a "united states of europe" situation?

cuties don't exert

Who voted for EU in the first place?

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

i've always been against the EU, sadly i was too young to vote when sweden joined, but i voted against sweden joining EMU. so a little part of me is hoping that all this is the beginning of the end.

me lost me cookie at the disco

Cmon the euro has been good for us

i'm just anti all money smile

me lost me cookie at the disco

thepervertedarts wrote:

i'm just anti all money smile

This.

i don't care what they do or not, we're doomed anyway

Vlam Aan

Mr. Maximal wrote:

I try to avoid the news and focus on good, happy thoughts. Lalalalalalajoy.

lol, yeah...the world is fucked,.....what else is new big_smile

lalallaahappyhappyjoyjoy

Let's get Dumb

24 (edited by ytz 2010-05-08 11:01:15)

BMX wrote:

Who voted for EU in the first place?

idea for a United Europe hatched post-WWII and developed by:

Americans, sick of France and Germany going to war all the time

French, sick of being attacked by Germans

Germans, sick of losing wars

....then came the slow transformation of the EC to the EU

(very basically)

cuties don't exert

The idea is that mutual dependence ensures peace - you can't bite the hand that feeds you. It worked too: We haven't had a war in Europe since. Go EU!