Topic: Loveparade disaster

What a horrible way to end your party... I hope there were no Robots caught in this one?

Re: Loveparade disaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2onoJLq2-8[/youtube]

Doesnt look good

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Can't see the youtube here at work myself but these two made me very sad:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bfb_1280001693

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Gn_MX14XU

4 (edited by Obi1r 2010-07-26 16:57:15)

When I see the big crowd on a shopping saturday in the center I'm takin' the tube home.
I would never enter a tunnel with a massive crowd like this...
But besides that, the 'who's to blame question' sounds a bit silly to me. Like you dont have any responsibilty for yourself anymore these days... I know it maybe hard to be objective & clear being inna big party like this, but on the other hand you should not put your safety in someone else hands... it'll easily end in tears

Strictly Rockaas

People don't want to think for themselves but just want to blame authorities for stuff like this.
Ofcourse the organisation is responsible in the end but all this crap happens because of moronic behaviour of the visitors.
They start pushing around and walking over each other while being hydrated, drunk, drugged or whatever.

Yeah that might be so, but you cant blame the people that were closed in that its their own fault.
The assholes that started pushing the crowd probably came out alright, but if your there with your girl just to have a good time and are unlucky to be at the wrong place in the crowd when shit breaks out then it seems stupid to say that its their own fault.

If your the one out there that wants to set a good example on how to act normal in thousands of people pushing than your probably the one getting trampled. Masses act stupid so you cant squeeze them trough a tunnel and then block it of

This shocked me too, a 27 year old girl from Australia died. Earlier in the year I studied planning for big events like this, and I hate to say it but it is the organisers responsibility. We talked about stampedes and the fact they are one of the most awful ways to die, and an event that size with only one entrance here wouldn't be allowed to go ahead, they have to do risk assessments and make sure they have appropriate exits in case of stampedes. Very, very sad.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

True, its sad. But people are no sheep, you should clearly see the danger. But sure... the organisation here failed miserably...
Dont they learn from history? Things like these happened thousands of years ago, and sometimes even planned... call it a terroristic act, lots of people together in a closed environment, create panic (which is pretty easy) and there you go.

Strictly Rockaas

Yea it really is so sad because it is so simple and something that could have been stopped by the organisers planning their party to proper risk assessment standards, I can't believe that it happened in this day and age.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

so this is the rewards of a democratic state?

yes, its unbelievable they let this event go on like this.. it takes proper organizing for a crowd this big, and any idiot can see that having only one entrance/exit which is a tunnel will cause problems. and if all other love parades have attracted over a million people, how dumb can you be to claim this one will only have 300.000 people and build your whole safety plan on it? sounds to me like the city wanted it no matter what, and now theyre paying for it horribly..

When the area for the party was announced people were arguing in the comments section of websites that the area is much too small (max 300-400000 capacity) for an expected crowd of 1 million people and that the entrance section with the tunnel is absolutely improper for such an event. A lot of people were really angry and forecasted an absolutely chaotic situation and even dead people.
It's so sad, that they were absolutely right. I don't like any kind of mass gatherings and avoid them whenever possible, but I really hope that they find the main responsible persons for this absolute ridiculous planning and send them into jail.

Panicparade...

"Are you loving?"

http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-66909-1170597437.jpeg

They wanted it to badly and payed dearly for it (the city that is, but also the visitors and that's very sad...)

this never would have happened at an illegal rave

cuties don't exert

http://magazine.web.de/images/652/10868652,pd=1,w=534,mxw=600,mxh=400,h=400.jpg

really sad.

What a nightmare.

Yeah. nothing but a tragedy for the victims.

Concerning the 'Love' Parade i can only say good riddence, the one time i visited it in Berlin there was not much love. I saw a lot of fights and fucked up people. A girl fell in front of me and the gentlemen as i am tried to help her up, i almost got beat up by some neo-nazi (sorry, but true) who turned out to be her boyfriend. Where is the love i ask you.

All these big events are a thing of the past IMO, to much risk and as a result you get WAY to much control from authorities (which IS needed, see loveparade drama). What's fun about being with a million other people so you don't have any freedom is beyond me. I can make another WWII reference but i won't.

actinet6 wrote:

Where is the love i ask you

qft

cuties don't exert

can only agree with how naive and stupid the duisburg location was.

was in berlin @loveparade several times in the 90s, it never seemed even close of being that dangerous,
no wonder, because there were always multiple ways to go, and of course the park all around, so more than
enough room even for 1 million+

duisburg in comparison to it was like a test tube for rats.

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]