Topic: Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

Please Bots,

I need some of yours experiences in your countries considering drinkink alcohol in parks or similar. Is this prohibited in your contries, that policeman punished you by paying some money because he catch you drinking beer or vine in the park.

Please, I need it as soon as possible, because in my town pliceman starts to do that as kind of represion, at my oppinion.
THX

2 (edited by Knusper 2008-08-20 15:22:36)

Re: Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

in new york you can get into jail (1-2 days) for drinking alcohol in public places (parks, subway etc.) - it is considered as a crime

Knusper wrote:

in new york you can get into jail (1-2 days) for drinking alcohol in public places (parks, subway etc.) - it is considered as a crime

yeah...i don't know about that

ticket yes, jail no

Just brown bag that shit!

free to have a drink anywhere except on public transport in london. as you can tell by all the drunk people everywhere.

Glasgow - Illegal to drink on the streets with a possible

Fucking represion! Friends told me in Berlin, people drinking all over the streets. Mostly beer.
That shit is, as I see, a fucking standard.

7 (edited by r2dj 2008-08-20 16:09:28)

Street Drinker - is that not another term for a tramp?

And surely it is necessary to have a drink just to deal with being in East Kilbride?

Netherlands (Den Bosch) - When caught drinking they make you throw away your beer/wine and 50% chance of a 50 euro fine depending on the weather.

In Denmark you can drink everywhere, even in the public transportation, that's why we get people from sweden invading our country in the summertime big_smile

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

When I was a "randgroepjongere", hanging in the park with my friends, the police would take our beer, the joints we were smokin' were no problem at all. We could later collect our beer at the police station where the bastards would have kept in on the heater. So lukewarm beer is what we got back.

its illegal in Saudi . even in private.  stop wining

Fuck Saudi Arabia. As I read some of the posts, Europe is ussualy liberal, so I am pissed off because police in my town acts like in Teheran or California(Same shit - Ahmaadinejad or Arni WTF!). They just collectin points for some raising or something like that - to tell theirs chefs - we are good policemen - we catch chriminals and other who acts inproperly.

13 (edited by Guyver 303 2008-08-20 16:32:47)

In Ireland it is illegal, but the police usually turn a blind eye to it.
You couldn't really stroll down a main street doing it, just keep off the central thoroughfares and you'll be ok.
A lovely local site:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/LopngfordPool3902.jpg

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

14 (edited by greg_yu 2008-08-20 16:38:21)

Yeah, but this prohibition happens all over the parks in Sarajevo - in last month. What about parks? I suposed it is ok in major countries in Europe. I found some local authorities law or something, that parks are included as public place that is forbiden for even beer drinkers. Trust me, some of guys are punished for drinkig lazy beers in the park, and some charming girls drinking vine at friday night.

its a conspiracy from the bar owners association to keep customers in pubs so they can take your money and reprogram you. you must do something about it for the sake of all mankind

16 (edited by greg_yu 2008-08-20 16:43:05)

I am writing about it right now for the newspapper, so I need some background from you guys excperiences.
THX
I will avoid to be "politicly correct". I am not a cops little journalist - so it will be little bit provocative i supposed.

In nyc people just don't drink from obvious alcohol bottles in public. The old paper bag trick isn't too smart anymore either.
The best thing to do is make a concoction of  juice and vodka or something similar and put it back in the original juice bottle.
There's still some restaurants where you can buy paper cups of margaritas and take it to go.

Actually, a paper coffee cup is a pretty good disguise for a drink.

r2dj wrote:

yes

And surely it is necessary to have a drink just to deal with being in East Kilbride?

yes

nothing worse than a bunch of drunk idiots when youre sober

20 (edited by zora 2008-08-20 18:02:58)

as far as i know its not forbidden to drink alcohol in public in germany. except for places where its explicitly stated. but its never a criminal act, i guess, but a misdemeanor at the most and you might be admonished from the place if anything. its also not allowed to drink alcohol on public transportation. but i never saw someone cares.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

meschi wrote:
r2dj wrote:

yes

yes

yikes

LOL

!!!!

LOCAL MAN SEEN ON BUCKFAST BENDER?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-z70_3ZyQ

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Around Byker (Newcastle, UK) its positively encouraged!!

http://www.talkingretail.com/a/main/063D8AEA-1B92-11D9-A258-B96F2D727A86/89D758FE-20D5-11DC-8DD3-CCFD630B077D/B91A19E8-3C29-11DC-90F2-0E01640B077D.jpg

23 (edited by Communicator 2008-08-20 19:18:27)

It's illegal here in Chicago to drink in parks. Sucks but I can see why they do it.

When we had the infamous "Summer Dance" DJ series of parties in Grant Park we (smart drinking Chicago party animals) used to pour our liquor of choice in plastic cups or water bottles and drank and partied away.

My favorite trick would be to go to the liquor store, buy a bottle whiskey, go to 7-11, buy a "Big Gulp" and fill w/ ice and some Coke, and pour the whiskey in that to taste. Keep the bottle(s) in a back pack for later refills. Worked every time. smile

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Feel free to have a drink in Germany wink

rimini wrote:

Around Byker (Newcastle, UK) its positively encouraged!!

http://www.talkingretail.com/a/main/063D8AEA-1B92-11D9-A258-B96F2D727A86/89D758FE-20D5-11DC-8DD3-CCFD630B077D/B91A19E8-3C29-11DC-90F2-0E01640B077D.jpg

Lambrini, the drink of kings. It used to be  favourite drink for quite a well at various salubrious afters for a few members of the GF, usually mega-chilled til almost frozen.