26 (edited by Technicolor 2008-08-20 19:36:21)

Re: Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

nixxon wrote:

In Denmark you can drink everywhere, even in the public transportation, that's why we get people from sweden invading our country in the summertime big_smile

It's all true big_smile

Here in Sweden it's prohibited to drink in any public places. But in parks you're pretty safe. Usually if the cops see it there's a 10% chance they care enough to pour it out. Never heard anyone getting a fine, but I'm sure that's what the law stipulates.

27 (edited by Scarface 2008-08-20 19:46:11)

Saw these signs on the Museumplein in Amsterdam http://static.koninginnedagamsterdam.nl/images/pictures/alcoholverbod.jpg

It's near a supermarket that is located there. I think people didn't like the alcoholists that were hanging around there.

"Are you loving?"

erm, german bots!   if I am right it is not really allowed to drink in public since a few years (remember the huge discussion in the newspapers). exept in Biergarten, open cafes etc. but the german police is mild and I never have heard of problems with drinking a beer in parks or so. I rembember our last barbeque in `Mauerpark`and the Police cars were beside us. If you make no stress they will make no stress for sure.

PROST

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Isn't Lambrini the British equivalent of battery acid?
Sings: "Suicide is painless..."

Lambrini is that super sweet wine for women who think they are to classy to drink alcopops

bias wrote:

this dosn't make any sense

say what

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Kinda of surprised about Netherlands, Sweden etc... I thought public drinking would be legal in most of Europe.

Berlin would be weird without people drinking beer all around.

In Switzerland, it's legal to drink in public, parks etc. However they did crackdown on alcohol sales a few years ago here in Geneva. You can't buy alcohol from regular shops after 9PM anymore (which fucking sucks) - only from bars, restaurants.

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
bias wrote:

Woody Aki wrote:

Isn't Lambrini the British equivalent of battery acid?
Sings: "Suicide is painless..."

it tastes ok when your c*nted smile

36 (edited by zora 2008-08-20 22:01:39)

captain duran wrote:

erm, german bots!   if I am right it is not really allowed to drink in public since a few years

for real? i had no idea

edit: and i still dont think its forbidden, but who knows, at least it doesnt seem to really matter

.."this world`s a bubble"..

C. wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:
bias wrote:

come to belgium ... as long as you're not totally wasted you can drink what you want smile

"Heaven's in the backseat of my Cadillac"

zora wrote:
captain duran wrote:

erm, german bots!   if I am right it is not really allowed to drink in public since a few years

for real? i had no idea

edit: and i still dont think its forbidden, but who knows, at least it doesnt seem to really matter

you are right

Wir k

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

It's pretty much illegal in Australia, especially because we're all alchoholics big_smile In Melbourne they're trying to cut down on violence in they city so at the moment we have this gay 2AM lockout - they shut all the clubs at 2AM and don't let you back in. It didn't work so they're getting rid of it again soon.

Best drunken effort? My friend, trashed, pulling a finger at oncoming headlights, only to realise it was a paddy wagon. Needless to say his grilfriend was bailing him out of the lockup a few hours later lol

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

legal here in adelaide except for parks and some major pedestrian thoroughfares

it is legal in Serbia...

43 (edited by Poodle 2008-08-21 02:32:58)

it's illegal in sweden yes but the cops couldn't care less unless you behave like an idiot...
Still i wouldn't walk down the main streets at noon sipping on a beer. Why do you wanna do that anyway? imo it looks quite silly...

in the summer find yourselves a park or a beach. during winter just stay indoors ffs...

IN MElbourne, there are "Dry zones" such as the City and some suburbs.

We are allowed to drink in parks, BBQ areas and most suburb streets.  It's pretty good here, the Aussie culture is to drink anywhere possible, whenever you can!

Hmm..I don't know about that Rodger..

Drinking in a Public Place
It is an offence in Western Australia for persons of any age to drink in public, such as on the street, park or beach. (Maximum Fine: AUD$2,000 or on the spot fine of AUD$200 - Section 119(4a) Liquor Control Act 1988)

46 (edited by ramos 2008-08-21 03:31:50)

Hey Raya!

Not sure about WA, but it's legal here in Melbourne.

Hello!

Haha..I think the government in WA is just backwards

PS Will give you a call to organise that meet up big_smile

after korea and usa, i was shocked how lax the public drinking laws are here. I love itttt. In chicago everyone drinks with brown bags over their bottles, but you will get busted fast. Here I think the cops will join you for a pint...then pull you over later in the night

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
C. wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:

greg_yu wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:
C. wrote:

I think what he means is there is no point in asking for information on other countries as, obviously, they are other countries and rules valid in other countries do not apply to your own country. Right?

which doesn't mean one shouldn't make comparisons with other countries. especially in europe where countries have been and are growing closer.

Just so James TRubotnik!

But what's the point? To tell the policemen in your town that it's allowed in Denmark?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB