Re: Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

I prefer to be drunk at home. The way to my bed is shorter.

52 (edited by greg_yu 2008-08-21 10:33:10)

C. wrote:
greg_yu wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:

which doesn't mean one shouldn't make comparisons with other countries. especially in europe where countries have been and are growing closer.

Just so James TRubotnik!

But what's the point? To tell the policemen in your town that it's allowed in Denmark?

Heh, that will not help, I am sure, trust me. I just want to see how that matter is regulated in the rest of Europe. Just that!

Yes, THX to all bots for theirs posts. Cheers!

Just out of curiosity? OK, I see. Your first post sounded as if you needed to know as soon as possible in order to do something about the situation in your hometown. Whatever!

I just had to know more about drinking in parks and other public places in other bot's countries, because I needed that as a kind of preknowledge for what I am doing. Sorry for eventualy misunderstanding.

they decide to prohibite saling alcohols after midnight at gas stations or sth here in Germany. Cause of so many drunken kids on the streets... hopefully they're don't do this also for "Sp

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

Street drinking is an essential part of a night out for me. It's just not the same otherwise.

It's (probably?) legal here in most places. Some streets do have signs up saying its an alcohol free zone which means no drinking in the streets. Also you aren't allowed to drink on public beaches, though mostly you would just get a warning and told to stop (or sometimes just not to leave any bottles behind) rather than a fine.

Drink on the trains however and you're fucked, $400 fine if you get caught for that. No ticket? an extra $200. Managed that one time, hated life pretty badly that night haha

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

messgott wrote:

they decide to prohibite saling alcohols after midnight at gas stations or sth here in Germany. Cause of so many drunken kids on the streets... hopefully they're don't do this also for "Sp

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

meschi wrote:
r2dj wrote:

Street Drinker - is that not another term for a tramp?

yes

And surely it is necessary to have a drink just to deal with being in East Kilbride?

yes

big_smile

luckily never fell foul to police intervention when it was me with the beverage in hand, but suffered pleeeenty of times at the hands of other arseholes doing the drinking. i wouldn't be disencouraged from drinking out and about in most places, just as long as you can be discreet and you can still keep your eyes open.

I just read that in Italy it is now forbidden to drink alcoholics outside of bars/pubs/restaurants/your home.
But not in all the cities... so far I only know about Genova.
So be careful where you go and inform yourself.

Alex

San wrote:

Hmm..I don't know about that Rodger..

Drinking in a Public Place
It is an offence in Western Australia for persons of any age to drink in public, such as on the street, park or beach.

Yeah but WA has always been a Police state. I've never been hassled in the Melb CBD, but I guess it depends on your behaviour.

61 (edited by Fossa 2008-08-23 11:16:59)

In finland public drinking is also prohibited, UNLESS the situation can be considered as a "picnic".
So in practice, if you drink in a park with your friends and have some snacks, it's cool.
The hypocrisy tough...

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

62 (edited by KkLOVENHOOF 2008-08-23 20:02:09)

alex_d_steak wrote:

I just read that in Italy it is now forbidden to drink alcoholics outside of bars/pubs/restaurants/your home.
But not in all the cities... so far I only know about Genova.
So be careful where you go and inform yourself.

Alex

why the fuck would they do that? italy is so great for public drinking and picnics in the park
in nyc if you look like a bum you can do whatever the fuck you want. and about 9 years ago you could drink beer in the streets in east village, i mean im not certain, but whenever i would come to town thats what we did.
now you (like others mentioned) have to put it into non-obvious containers which isn't hard to do, and kind of
fun walking around with a 32oz cocktail (why else would the liquor stores carry those tiny bottles?). recently my friend shawn (SOS) had a birthday in a park in brooklyn and everyone was drinking liquor out of plastic cups and hiding the bottles in their backpacks, the cops came by and knew what was up. they said something like,
"since we don't see any bottles out or anything we aren't going to mess with you guys. just clean up when you leave."
they even took pictures with the birthday boy!
maybe that was luck....

off topic = the new grackle record is great! congrats to speculator and capablanca!

heh, that was defintiely birthday luck....the pictures w/ the cop are pricless, tho...
i usd to go everywhere w/ water bottles full of vodka, works like a charm...

well youve certainly cleaned up your act, now you skip the water bottles

shhhhhh

Fossa wrote:

In finland public drinking is also prohibited, UNLESS the situation can be considered as a "picnic".
So in practice, if you drink in a park with your friends and have some snacks, it's cool.
The hypocrisy tough...

in Kurvi the bums drink from morning till night 7 days a week at the steps to the park. i find this very hard to classify as a picnic, but i've never seen the cops do anything about it.

@teknob: I managed to get out alive wink

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

68 (edited by Fossa 2008-08-24 16:34:34)

heifetz wrote:

in Kurvi the bums drink from morning till night 7 days a week at the steps to the park. i find this very hard to classify as a picnic, but i've never seen the cops do anything about it.

The law is there just so they can do something about public drinking if they want to, but fortunately the cops are quite all right dudes/dudettes here.
It's the most rediculous law anyways.

But MANY times we have been ordered to change location because "there's a children's playground or a school or a what ever nearby". Sometimes it really feels like the cops are concentrating to the really wrong things.
I mean whenever there's really bad looking junkie hooligan assholes just waiting to start some shit in an otherwise nice park, they ingnore it.
But if we're playing with cards on the grass with 12-packs, they might come to question our motives to be there...

I know the cops cannot chase off every hooligan-like dudes away, but why do they do it often to us.
And me and my friends don't even look so much like hippies or other unpatriotic slobs.

http://fossa.bandcamp.com
Shitting in a lavatory, conducting experiments.
Farticles come near and disappear.

in some towns they are really strict: for example in d

70 (edited by seutek 2008-08-26 13:03:44)

Replicant wrote:

in some towns they are really strict: for example in d

Acta est fabula....

71 (edited by heifetz 2008-08-26 13:13:52)

Fossa wrote:
heifetz wrote:

The law is there just so they can do something about public drinking if they want to, but fortunately the cops are quite all right dudes/dudettes here.
It's the most rediculous law anyways.

But MANY times we have been ordered to change location because "there's a children's playground or a school or a what ever nearby". Sometimes it really feels like the cops are concentrating to the really wrong things.
I mean whenever there's really bad looking junkie hooligan assholes just waiting to start some shit in an otherwise nice park, they ingnore it.
But if we're playing with cards on the grass with 12-packs, they might come to question our motives to be there...

I know the cops cannot chase off every hooligan-like dudes away, but why do they do it often to us.
And me and my friends don't even look so much like hippies or other unpatriotic slobs.

that's because the cops were the hooligans in their youths and think it's normal smile for some reason me and my friends have never been harassed by the pigs, and we do look very unpatriotic. i guess we have just been lucky.

to clear up the situation in germany:

its NOT forbidden in public .
@replicant: a train is NOT a public place . its property of the train owners, in d

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

elec pt.1 wrote:

*kvb.WAR.die.l

keep hackney crap

@byron
its a cologne thing wink

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

na dann mal PROST M

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Help - Consuming alcohol in public places

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB