Topic: looking for crappy short samples

hi..
i am looking for short samples to put in my sp12 to use for melody and bassline.. yes, i know i can make them.. but it is boring and time consuming. i am looking for dx presets and digital and fm and vector and whatever kind of synthesis mostly. but anything might be cool like bass guitar and real instruments. the only problem i have is the short sampling time. so it is good if they are .4 secs and less or pitchable to be super short. none of these long decay things that i have to make a fade out and then pitch up super crazy.. too much work. nothing fancy, just general presets and usable sounds.

real drums would be cool.. i think i have every drummmachine

also looking for acapellas of house and dance classics..

(yes, i am lazy)

(and yes i will prob have to make them myself)

thanks

Re: looking for crappy short samples

Least your honest...

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

haha thats pretty lazy, you sound like me
you should get a casio sk and just make some sounds with the onboard mic. its pretty inspiring and great for a quick 5 min noodle. i never really get further than that but it has potential.
for the sp12 stuff you should just find a time when you're not too inspired on writing music and just take a couple hrs to do some methodical sampling, check the levels, do the edits, save to disk etc.  at least by the end you'll have something to work with for later

isnt there something like a sp12 sample  bundle on ebay for a few bucks?

i dunno.. too lazy to look...
and yes i have made my own samples.. but i want new ones.. already did all the presets from the jd800 and dx21. and have others i made from the pro one, prophet 5 and sh101. and guitar and bass and shakers and percussion and all that stuff.
i am not totally lazy.. i just used all those sounds already and i am looking for new ones.

There is a shitload (4000+) of well documented single-cycle waveforms in .wav format here:

http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wavefor … waveforms/

http://soundbible.com/tags-fart.html

lol

i thought i wrote a reply.. i guess not..
how do these sample work? i have to duplicate the wav form to the desired length? and then set the fade out?

Well normally you'd loop the sample and set your envelope accordingly, but if the SP-12 doesn't loop (I've only ever used a 1200 and that was over 10 years ago now so my memory of it is pretty foggy) I guess duplicating and fading out is your only option.  That sounds like it might be more work than you were willing to do though.   wink

hmm.. yeah doing all that just to check the sound might suck.. hmm.. thanks though.

get some old sample CDs from the early 90s, there must be shitloads of those around in thriftstores/second hand stores/studio closets? Thats exactly the thing you are looking for...hours of early house synth samples

Now I remember the names there was the ZERO G-datafile and XSTATIC GOLDMINE sample cds, I think I got them once in the 90s with a sampler I shall look around if I have them still I will send them to u

i got some from gordon.. but the problem is i have to cut them all because they are like 5 secs long. i got some normal cook nuggets  thing that was pretty useful..
but yeah. i would appreciate it. nothing should be longer than .5 secs..  but better. .1 or .2 but i can always pitch them up to save space.