Topic: The Guardian discovers Italo...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/ … disco.html

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or run for cover.
What do you make of this article?

Re: The Guardian discovers Italo...

I like this comment:

"The sounds has been "making a comeback" for well over a year now and is a welcome alternative to the minimal dross which permeates the dance music scene. The "cosmic disco cosmic rock" album is well worth checking. Alexander Robotnick and Miss Kittin have played Italo tunes for years in their sets."

"for well over a year now" lol

"madridmike" is not a member of this forum, is he? tongue

and this one : " I'm Italian, I'm 38, I'm into music and I never heard of Italo-Disco as a word, genre, dance, songs, whatever in my entire life.

There are no limits to knowledge! "

There s a buzz with the italo right now, that s true, because last saturday, i went with some friends in a DIESEL shop, and the music was only good italo disco... Amazing...

No somo Roberto Succo

What about this reply:

I'm Italian, I'm 38, I'm into music and I never heard of Italo-Disco as a word, genre, dance, songs, whatever in my entire life.

hahahaha......this article is for him

great 5th sept  humm  this friday   i'll bring my best and most obscure italo's to  cocadisco

the ZYK label!

The Guardian = neo-liberals = upper middle class people who think they're "down with the kids" because they once smoked a joint whilst listening to Miles Davis.

I've added a comment in an attempt to promote the Scottish Italo scene!

"italoBLACK every week in Edinburgh"

Since when has this been on?

italoBLACK has only been going for about a month but is run by William Bennett from Whitehouse. I've not been yet myself but it definitely looks promising.

Check out his blog at http://italoblack.blogspot.com/

Ok. I used to live there for about one year, and there was no Italo. Maybe just another reason why I left...:P

thegreatdivide tells it like it is

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

Fair play to Ali & Seb as that is some great PR.

Vic20 wrote:

Fair play to Ali & Seb as that is some great PR.

definently man. well in.

thegreatdivide wrote:

What this article fails to mention is that NONE of this would have happened if it were not for a specific mix CD that emanated from the West Coast of Holland in 2000 namely I-F's 'Mixed Up In the Hague'. Long before fashionable East End haircuts sported by Barleys in skinny jeans, ironic t-shirts and sunglasses in nightclubs the king of the Dirty, the Brown and the Miserable released the Italo Big Bang. And Cocadisco owe their name to I-F's first LP as The Parallax Corporation.

And yes, the grim North has been dancing in the dark to Italo for many, many, many years, along with countless Italo influenced micro parties across Europe, the US, Japan and Australia (to name but a few).

Italo, the next big thing? No. This article should have been titled "London, are we too late for the trend?".

damn straight brother. big_smile

16 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-09-01 15:07:14)

Still waiting for Heartbreaks track about Argentine airforce pilots during the Falcklands

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/rhcp04/A-4QARA25MayoSnakeye500.jpg

Argentine pilots preparing for assault notice the "delivery adress" on the exocet...

Thats an A4 Skyhawk right?

They should have talked about Falckland war instead of Italo history in such an interview

"italoBLACK every week in Edinburgh"

Since when has this been on?

Is that Blacktro Italo???

Falklands was supersexy! All those moustashes...it was hotter than The Castro!

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

18 (edited by rimini 2008-09-01 15:31:59)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Still waiting for Heartbreaks track about Argentine airforce pilots during the Falcklands

Or a tune about Harrier jump jets?

Argentine pilots preparing for assault notice the "delivery adress" on the exocet...

They should have talked about Falckland war instead of Italo history in such an interview

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Smackos you're crackers mate!! You've mentioned this in posts on their myspace before!

Malvinas is more italo sounding though!!

19 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-09-01 15:40:11)

You've mentioned this in posts on their myspace before!

Sebastian is from Argentina, he has this Pan AM 1930s caribean flying boat look...a bit like O'gar
he told me they were gonna make such a song (uh not O'gar but Falckland)

I can see it now!

The Goose Green EP

Leading the way for a concept album!

Falklands/Malvinas

O'Gar?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_GW0nuwQaAF4/RtWzsjotSNI/AAAAAAAAAB4/3kdHKRuQn7s/brian_donlevy.jpg

Italo serious business

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

fuck that shit

_Black_Acrylic wrote:

italoBLACK has only been going for about a month but is run by William Bennett from Whitehouse. I've not been yet myself but it definitely looks promising.

Check out his blog at http://italoblack.blogspot.com/

sounds funny. Does he really Italo? Or is it just...?

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

24 (edited by Poodle 2008-09-02 10:13:38)

italo is sooo last week

captain duran wrote:

sounds funny. Does he really Italo? Or is it just...?

To be fair, WB was there in Rimini on day one and has a big archive of very covetable records!

He may be over-fond of Baby's Gang and Sabrina but I don't think his Italo credentials can be questioned