26 (edited by captain duran 2008-09-02 12:37:13)

Re: The Guardian discovers Italo...

wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

i-f played at disco bloodbath the other week, does anyone know how he got on?
have to admit when he played at cocadisco about 3 years ago it was something else!!!

It was more to with DiscoBloodbath co-ordinating the room at the Eastern Electrics doo. Ferenc was indeed D O P E, personal highlight was when he played Depeche Mode's - Just Can' t Get Enough 12" mix with the strings, bit of a moment etc. Was a nice party to be fair but I only rocked up at 2am after some fannying about in Shoreditch so can' t comment on the before.

yeah great version. shit! wished i had gone.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Still waiting for Heartbreaks track about Argentine airforce pilots during the Falcklands

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/r … eye500.jpg

Argentine pilots preparing for assault notice the "delivery adress" on the exocet...

Thats an A4 Skyhawk right?

They should have talked about Falckland war instead of Italo history in such an interview

"italoBLACK every week in Edinburgh"

Since when has this been on?

Is that Blacktro Italo???

I'm waiting for you to make that record!

Londons finger never leaves the pulse.
Read last year somewhere this thing called ghetto-techno was gonna be big, because of London of course.

Well jealous

blacktralo

33 (edited by Vic20 2008-09-05 21:18:00)

Basic Aly wrote:

Londons finger never leaves the pulse.
Read last year somewhere this thing called ghetto-techno was gonna be big, because of London of course.

Well jealous

Its such a melting pot with sooo much shit going on that there are one or two really great parties that occur every couple of weeks. The london media is full of its own self importance, unfortunately.

Vic20 wrote:

The london media is full of its own self importance, unfortunately.

Word...

It's going to get worse - Vogue listed Italo Disco in its cool chart this month...

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

next stop Sunday Times Style mag smile

iamelectron wrote:

It's going to get worse - Vogue listed Italo Disco in its cool chart this month...

So you check Vogue to see what's cool and what's not? Interesting! tongue

But hey, we're cool at the moment, isn't that great?

Paudical wrote:

next stop Sunday Times Style mag smile

Observer Music Monthly, if it's not been it's coming soon - no joke, I got a tip off sad

39 (edited by iamelectron 2008-09-12 16:22:41)

C. wrote:
iamelectron wrote:

So you check Vogue to see what's cool and what's not? Interesting!

lol, no, my colleague's wife told me last night at dinner - I nearly choked!

This disturbs me.

I don't want lots of johnny-come-latelys running around banging on about how much they know about Italo.

Hell I don't even know much about Italo myself.

Am I elitist?

no, it means youre not cool anymore wink

r2dj wrote:

This disturbs me.
I don't want lots of johnny-come-latelys running around banging on about how much they know about Italo.

at least they ain't running around your neighbourhood
the yuppies are coming in force to my beloved hackney

keep hackney crap

Its catching on alright,

I seen a woman earlier sporting a massive disco-tache and a 'ZYX 4EVA!' t-shirt.

Cant believe its hit Scotland already!

sounds like the same old dilemma.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

its funny but the buzz will come and go and all the fly-be-nights will be on to the next thing. us lot on the other hand will still be loving, buying and dancing to it when its long gone out of vogue! i've lost count the amount of times that techno has gone in and out of fashion. some positives can come out of this media excitement one being that maybe some genuine young people will discover this music we love and keep the spirit alive because lets face it many of us here are not getting any younger ( meschi excluded ).

anyway this will be old news soon because ya know whats gonna be big next in london town - minimal wave!!!! f**king hope so cause i could do with a few compilations/reissues of the it. i've heard some amazing stuff over the last few years only to discover that. 1) its as rare as hens teeth. 2) there was only ever 100 copies on cassette. 3) its on discogs/gemm for 150 quid!!!

auton love wrote:

...because lets face it many of us here are not getting any younger ( meschi excluded ).

lol

i'm just afraid that copy/paste producers who are everywhere won't make up some new tech-house genre with just a little more synths and call it italo, then everybody would play it and say that they know all about it "yeah i know italo man i'm an italo dj have you heard that just released track it's bangin man it's got arpeggiators!"
same thing with electro and electro-house

mekonin wrote:

i'm just afraid that copy/paste producers who are everywhere won't make up some new tech-house genre with just a little more synths and call it italo, then everybody would play it and say that they know all about it "yeah i know italo man i'm an italo dj have you heard that just released track it's bangin man it's got arpeggiators!"
same thing with electro and electro-house

i fear that this is exactly what's going to happen

49 (edited by Woody Aki 2008-09-13 14:26:28)

Fuck it - we wait for the Fashionista gale to die out, and we continue on like nothing happened.

To put it in true Cantona-speak:
"Chances are that you're bound to encounter turds floating beside you once the beach is full of bathers..." lol

'Filthy Italo and Banging Edits' on Ministry of Sound is just round the cornerer...