Topic: Costa Rica

Anyone been? Booked tickets last night on a whim...they were cheap. Any recommendations?

Re: Costa Rica

All I know about Costa Rica comes from other people's anecdotes and involves sex and coffee. It's a party island.

Dez, you lucky bugger. Would cost the best part of a grand getting to Costa Rica from UK sad

cuties don't exert

Well, you live much closer to many places that I would frequent if it didn't cost me an arm and leg to get there...so it goes both ways.

Good coffee sounds good smile

All I know is that it's the only state in the world that has not army.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

ytz wrote:

All I know about Costa Rica comes from other people's anecdotes and involves sex and coffee. It's a party island.

since when the fuck is costa rica an island ?

noctambulo wrote:
ytz wrote:

Maybe he meant Novaya Zemlya!!

Some say it's the Switzerland of Middle America. I heard you can get Tramadol without prescription there, so if it all sucks you can lift your mood with this stuff a bit.

noctambulo wrote:
ytz wrote:

Methinks he speaks of Puerto Rico, the nice port.

lol i meant country. pardon my english.

cuties don't exert

10 (edited by acidcat 2009-10-13 01:21:26)

Sights to see:

National Rainforest (lots of spots you can do canopy tours or just walk around)
Volcan Arenal
Volcan Irazu
Cahuita (gorgeous east coast beach, small town)
Playa Tamarindo (in Puntarenas, good west coast beach, very laid back place.)

Drink as much coffee as you can. Eat a traditional Costa Rican breakfast (black beans, fish, rice, pineapple and coffee.)

The touristy stuff is not bad at all. Well priced and definitely much safer/enjoyable than trying to make it on your own.

If you are in the city, try to take the buses. They are dirt cheap and everyone uses them. There are also tour buses to go outside the city, which I recommend. Driving is not recommended. Sometimes you might have to show your passports when traveling, so make sure you at least being a copy of it. Don't get busted with any shit you shouldn't have, I got searched last time I was there!

Avoid eating meats (including fish) unless you know they are properly cooked. I got food poisoning from eating a hot dog of all things. sad

San Jose is boring, if I could go back I would probably spend all my time in Cahuita. The theater looks cool, there is a museum undergrond with a lot of gold antiques which is neat. The mall is very boring but there is one place that has good homestyle food. I would recommend getting homestyle meals the whole time you are there, but just be wary of places that are empty.

I noticed a lot of European people on the tours I went on last time, met some Italian girls who were awesome!

I recommend getting a tour to Tortuga Island also. Have fun and post pictures when you get back. smile

haha...awesome...thanks for the advise

12 (edited by nixxon 2009-10-12 17:18:57)

yeah the caribian coast is really great.
very chilling atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to smoke a joint under a palm tree and think filosophical thoughts tongue
Do you surf? if yes the pacific side is surfers paradise.

About San Jose i agree it's not a big thing but i would still use one or two days there if i was you.

Maybe take a small visit to panama. Theres an island called bocca del torres or something which is a pretty cool place

Anyway i'm sure you will have a really great time it's a lovely country

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

13 (edited by acidcat 2009-10-12 17:35:51)

Also, try not to go to hospitals there. They are decent, but expect a long wait time. I saw a woman break her leg in the country and she didn't have any way to get to the hospital.

Riving rafting is really fun there too, you can see some really intense stuff like alligator burrows and poison dart frogs.

Bring some good headphones and a good mp3 player loaded with dub influenced music. The scenery is really nice around all of Costa Rica but nothing really compares to the Caribbean coast. Lots of extreme vegetation, spider monkeys, and huge huge ant piles. I wouldn't expect to surf in the East coast though, too much coral.

And yes, surfing and "Costa Rica Gold".

if you have enough with tourist redneck shits, go to "peninsula de osa" in deep southwest.

the corcovado national park is the best way to sight some jaguars & others amazing stuffs, there's an intense wildlife down there.

2005, I remember going to a party in a forest near Santa Teresa, and while dancing "out my tree" (pun very much intended) on came Capricorn I need love, as a fire dancer was upside from a tree above my head.
Ah those were the days smile

Half-Man...Half-Wolf...

im there right now, any tips about nicoya peninsula ?

how is your nose?

keep hackney crap

Is it still

Half-Man...Half-Wolf...