Topic: Glasgow 2

Hey, sorry to start up a new Glasgow thread but this one is a little different to the other.

I'm moving there for work in the new year and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some areas to live and some good websites for house/flat hunting?

Cheers for any help.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Re: Glasgow 2

hey, welcome to the neighborhood.
A good area is the southside, nice flats, good rental prices and not too much craziness on the streets... ;-)
Westend is great too but expensive.
Try to avoid the east and the north, it tends to be a little rough there if you know what I mean. In the city centre the Merchant City part is great aswell but again it is expensive there....

As for websites simply try Google, there are some goods ones around for example:

www.rightmove.co.uk

Cheers, Arne

Welcome to the Clan Guyver.

mail sent.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

seconding the southside for a place to live.

i have a flat there (just off battlefield road), and as arne says, it is nice and quiet down here when compared with other parts of the city. there are lots of little shops and nice places to eat and stuff like that in battlefield and shawlands (some nice pubs too if you like a drink smile). queens park is also here and that's really nice in the summer.

very well connected with the city centre too - lots of buses you can get and there's train stations near everywhere really.

what work you coming over for?

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.

Jacderida, coming over to work with an Environmental Trust from the Dumbarton Rd; helping a tower block in Scotstoun reduce its carbon emissions, increase its recycling, all of that stuff.

I was told that the Southside might be too fair away if I'm working near Whiteinch and Scotstoun, would that be true?

Again, I really appreciate everyone's help.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."

yeah if you're gonna be in scotstoun i guess somewhere more west end-ish would be more convenient.

you could probably get there quite easily from the southside via public transport but it might involve a change in trains/buses (don't know about transport to that area tbh, other than to say there's a train station at scotstoun).

i used to rent a flat anniesland, which is quite near there. it was a nice flat, there's quite a lot of old tenement buildings around there (which i prefer to modern flats).

Hahaha I work in a related field to the Dumbarton rd Corridor Trust.  Class.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Small world Leo, what do you do?
Sadly my pay is pretty nails, but it sounds interesting and I'll try get some other work too I think.
Looking fwd to being somewhere new. Belfast is ok but it is really dead with no music scene at all really.

Sure if anyone knows any reasonable people lookin for a flat mate pass me onto em.

Again, many thanks.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."

Guyver 303 wrote:

Small world Leo, what do you do?
Sadly my pay is pretty nails, but it sounds interesting and I'll try get some other work too I think.
Looking fwd to being somewhere new. Belfast is ok but it is really dead with no music scene at all really.

Sure if anyone knows any reasonable people lookin for a flat mate pass me onto em.

Again, many thanks.

Hey Guyver, im lookin for a flatmate in the NY and i live in the west end. send me a mail
K

Nice one Guyver. Glasgow is a meaty place to live! (not as meaty as london, but meaty enough haha)

I'll definitely be seeing you up there after the NY

West End/South Side no where in Glasgow is actually that far from anywhere!!!

Welcome tae the toon!

Half-Man...Half-Wolf...