Topic: FAO Techie's - Removing Trojan virus, help.

Trojan virus has invaded my computer and cant rid of the fucker.
Wont let me into Windows, or even operate in Safe Mode.

Scanned the net but cant get a straight forward answer.

Anyone help?
I'll paypal you £1.10.

Re: FAO Techie's - Removing Trojan virus, help.

what's your technical knowledge like?

if you can't even do anything in safe mode then you're probably not going to be able to run the standard virus scanning stuff, so pretty much the only way to figure out what's going on is to use tools like process monitor, which you can get here.

you might be better off just connecting the boot hard drive that you're using to another computer, copy the files off it that you need (i.e. stuff that isn't the OS install), connect it back as the boot drive on your main computer then just run a format to reinstall windows from scratch, then copy your backed up stuff back over...

Cheers mate, tho I'm a bit useless on the tech side
Was thinking about the re-instal jobbie.   Might just have to end up paying the computer store geek £30 to sort it.
Should really do a night class on this stuff

cool, the 2nd option really isn't that much of a big deal if you have another computer to hook your hard drive up to - or even a mates computer or something...

Haha what a coincidence, just got a self-installing trojan this morning that blocks all your programs until you pay 80$ for the full version of their great "anti spyware" tool.

It's called "security tool" and the motherfuckers who made it shall rott in hell for eternity.

instructions to remove that.

i removed something similar to that for a mate recently, it's not too hard...

yeah I removed it already and it wasn't too difficult, had to cancel and go home from work though just to resolve this madness.  mad