Topic: The Hague

We are going to the festival this weekend, and are looking for a cheap hostel. The stay ok hostel seems nice but might not have room.
Places we should generally go to would also be nice to hear about !

Re: The Hague

What's your budget? You can try the Novotel hotel. It's right in the middle of the city and on walking distance of every today's art location. But, it might be a bit too expensive:

Click

thanks tinfoilhats - yeah it is too expensive. looking for about 30 euro per person per night thing.

95.- for 2 a night: http://www.hotelhetcentrum.nl/
also ibis hotel about 100.- for 2 a night http://www.ibishotel.com/
with view over some part of the festival http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-1317-me … ndex.shtml
classic: this is very nice from 175.- and up http://www.desindes.nl/

under 95.- a night for 2 is hard.

thanks!
at the meantime we've found the Jorplace Inn 33 euro per night and sounds ok, we'll probably need a bike for moving around right? we still haven't closed the order yet though.

the city center is very small, no need for bikes there.

Todaysart festival, nice!

thats good to know!

dishwashers union wrote:

thanks!
at the meantime we've found the Jorplace Inn 33 euro per night and sounds ok, we'll probably need a bike for moving around right? we still haven't closed the order yet though.

Wait, that's at the Keijzerstraat in Scheveningen, isn't it? You might find it a bit too far to walk to the city, so you have to depend on the public transport system or a cab.

I won't attend Today's Art this year. sad

yeah it turns out its not a 10 minute walk but 10 minutes by tram. anyway the jorplace didnt work out so we will be in the stay ok which sounds closer to the center right? also a room for us alone which will be nicer after all. 

TinFoilHats - too bad.. whys that?

Well first of all, I have other appointments this weekend. Second, all my friends have them too.

The Stayokay is near the center on walking distance. Mind you, it's in the neighbourhood of the red light district

also good to know. so do we need to be extra careful over there, or just ignore?

just bring more money

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Beside camping in very remote areas, these days I

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

15 (edited by TinFoilHats 2008-09-26 07:20:22)

dishwashers union wrote:

also good to know. so do we need to be extra careful over there, or just ignore?

Just ignore, unless:

jayoverdose wrote:

just bring more money

big_smile

16 (edited by dishwashers union 2008-09-26 08:00:56)

smile

17 (edited by zora 2010-05-26 13:42:23)

im going to the ifm fest coming weekend, already looking much fwd. but as ive never been to the hague before i might want to also see a little bit of the city. so what are the must sees, dos and donts (nothing what takes too much time though), how to get there the easy and fast way? im also planning on going to the beach for a day, sunday/monday maybe. scheveningen is pretty near, so probably ill go there. easy by tram, no?

hope to see yall there!! big_smile

.."this world`s a bubble"..

18 (edited by zora 2010-05-26 13:40:44)

ah, and since there will be more foreign robots around (i reckon).. would be nice to hook up.. and maybe to even do some kind of a guided robot tour!?

edit: typo

live in rotterdam and hardly know the hague as a non-dutcho.
One tip though: don't go to scheveningen on sunday unless you wanna see 21th century doomed consumergeneration gathered to a huge mass in swiming pants. neutral

haha, youre probably right with that..  roll

prefer kijkduin to scheveningen for the beach

beware, you might leave with a brown elbow...