Topic: Cambodia

I'm moving to Phnom Penh for a while and was wondering if there is any scene there. Would love to find some whopper clubs where I can put my discofinger to good use. Has anyone gone out in PP or Siem Riep or anywhere awesome in Cambodia?

Re: Cambodia

I was in Cambodia last January as part of a 3 week journey through Thailand & Cambodia. For 6 days only, but I loved it. So much I will return next year for a longer period.
Stayed in Siem Reap & Phnom Penh.
In Siem Reap I visited Angkor on bike. Which is an amazing way to visit all those temples.
Also had a boat ride on the Tonle Sap lake. A cool way to explore Khmer rural life. Near the Tonle Sap lake is Phnom Krom, a great way to see sunset or sunrise(whatever you might prefer, me is more a sunset type) over the Cambodian lowlands.
Siem Reap has a modest night life. Didn't visit any discotheques, but there seems to be a coolex disco just outside the center that's only visited by Khmer peeps. 
Go eat Lok Lak at the Red Piano restaurant. I even managed to persuade my local Cambodian restaurant owner to have Lok Lak served for me  tongue

Was in Phnom Penh for 2 nights. Super relaxed city if you ask me. So different to the crowded Bangkok.
Must sees are the Tuol Sleng(S21) prison and the Killing Fields just outside PP.
Along the boulevard next to the Tonle Sap river and the Mekong river you find clubs, bars, etc.
I had little time to go out since I had to leave early in the morning to catch my flight to Bangkok. But I had some amazing food in PP. Frizz restaurant(owned by a Dutch guy named Frits) & Friends Restaurant.

Oh, beware that Cambodia is also called Scambodia.  big_smile

Going deep

Re: Cambodia

Went to a club on a boat called Pontoon on Friday. Decent buzz.