Topic: john acquaviva is a litigious dickhead

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1218
see above article from skratchworx

basically:
N2IT (John Acquaviva is its boss) is a dutch company who developed the tech behind final scratch 1,2  and then they sold the whole shabang to Native Instrument and Stanton. Now 10+ years later N2IT is suing M-Audio over its Torq system, and although the case thrown out the court M-Audio had to settle out of court and John Acquaviva got his $$$. mind you i think that M-Audio simply paid him to STFU cus it is cheaper to pay him off than to fight his every appeal to the court.

i think all along N2IT was behind the scene demanding big $$$ and neither Stanton and NI wanted to foot the bill so they broke up leaving me and other final scratch users orphaned. the article gives another link that shows how NI had "reached an understanding" and "acknowledges the validity of patent claims" with N2IT and agrees to pay for licensing for its own Traktor Scratch line of hardware/software. so NI paid acquaviva too, whereas stanton just gave up and got out of that business.

it is likely that acquaviva has his beady eyes on EVERYBODY from Serato, NI, Miss Pinky...etc gee Henry Ford was so stupid, he could have sued the whole world and we can only drive Fords. 

i just hate scumbags like acquaviva, sitting on this bullshit technicality, N2IT now essentially is a paper-company, it doesn't make anything it's revenue is from sueing other company who are actually making things, you know? like contributing to the innovation/evolution of DJing for better or worse it's the competition that give us the consumers better shit for our money.

so we bitch about $500 or $600 price tag guess how much of that went to pay off acquaviva. 

i hate his stupid ass music anyways, stupid ass side kick to richie hawtin
if he has a show here i'mma dump a pint on his macbook

the article also shows links a comprehensive link to the history of DVS
DVS HISTORY
and here we see a claim made by the RZA of wu tang clan saying that he invented DVS not N2IT, but is the RZA sueing? no, cus he ain't pullin that  whiteboy shit

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

Re: john acquaviva is a litigious dickhead

chairman chen wrote:

i hate his stupid ass music anyways, stupid ass side kick to richie hawtin

Technarchy, Backlash and Trash are on his CV so what on earth are you talking about?

ok maybe back in 1991 it was good, but i looked it up he only got production credits to those tracks you mentioned, i mean it wasn't him alone, he ran with a strong pack, the likes of Daniel Bell,

and past 2005 when i first heard of him, he is just another contributor to the McMinimalism

http://who-invented-digital-vinyl.co.uk/

chairman chen wrote:

if he has a show here i'mma dump a pint on his macbook

lol

hey traces thanks for the link, ever since my final scratch 2 got orphaned, this digital vinyl thing (the history of the things) has been an obsession of mine.

chairman chen wrote:

he is just another contributor to the McMinimalism

a typo i think: isn't it McNihilism?

Man, thats unbelievably comprehensive!