Topic: Sequential Drumtraks to TR-707 sync question

Hi,

I have a Drumtraks slave synced to a TR-707 via midi. The Drumtraks picks up the tempo, but doesn't respond to start/stop signals from the 707. I have to start it manually on the beat to have the two run alongside.

Is there a setting on the Drumtraks to make it start simultaneously? I checked the manual, but the midi instructions are pretty vague. Or is the start/stop sync only available in song mode? (I only use patterns)

Thanks

Re: Sequential Drumtraks to TR-707 sync question

In Drumtraks there's the separate input for the start signal. I kind of remember that it's the only way to start it externally. I might be wrong though.

Thanks. It works when I send a single rimshot from the rim trig out of the 707 to the start stop pedal input on Drumtraks.

Far from ideal, because it means sacrificing my rim/cowbell track on the 707.

Oh well...

it should work. i use mine with cubase all the time and it start/stops.

slower/faster together, hold tgose then press enter, you see a dot in the display, use the arrows to get that all the way to the left. then hit the pattern you want to play, and hit start, now it waits for a clock..

otherwise, use the DT as master and the 707 as slave..

I always put it in slave mode just like you're explaining, but I'm not sure if I hit start on the DT before starting the 707.

Anyway, I can't test it now because it's being serviced (some buttons don't trigger well).

Thanks in any case, Ruud. I'll give it a try when I get it back.

6 (edited by Revok 2011-04-20 12:57:46)

Nope, the DT doesn't start by itself in slave mode. The 707 starts when DT is master, tho.

Could this be a firmware bug? I have system Ø3, been thinking about getting the Ø5 rom.

More midi trouble with the Drumtraks! (Sorry to bring this up again, I know it's getting old.)

I hooked it up to my MMT-8 and want to program drum patterns into the MMT, rather than sync the Drumtraks' internal patterns. But the thing seems to receive on all channels (omni mode?). I found some online instructions for button combos to turn omni/poly off, and to set the base channel, but this seems to have no effect at all.

Could this be firmware related as well?

Thanks.

I also have a Drumtraks but can't work out how to switch to Poly-Mode? How can I do this?

it probably needs an update.. I have the same problem with my DT

TB or not TB

I have version 4 now, that seems to fix the problem.