Topic: Pro One / Arpeggiator / Trigger Input - Modern Alternatives

Soon I will have to give the Pro-One back. This will be a sad day, especially as I have a 707 now and can trigger the pro one via the 707 via my computer.

But essentially what I like is the trigger input. I like that I can attach a contact mic and trigger the arpeggiator / sequencer.

Is there an alternative? The microkorg I have's arpeggiator is pretty awkward (unless using the vocoder) ideally I'd like some kind of analog module with an arpeggiator that I can trigger from the 707 / contact mic.

I'm trying to be clear. i probably sound muddled.

Also cheap is good. If I had money I'd buy the Pro One.

Re: Pro One / Arpeggiator / Trigger Input - Modern Alternatives

Well SH-101 comes to mind. It's got a single trigger input for seq and the arp. I used to trigger it with my TR-808.
Also my Polysix has a trigger input for its arp.
But those got up in price, don't know how much though.

Cheap - Korg Monotribe
More expensive but a lot more knob twiddling options - Doepfer dark energy synth and dark time sequencer

And the monotribe has midi in (and slow midi out):

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2011/08/14 … di-and-me/

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

Isnt a monotribe just a pimped up monotron (ie boring and useless?)

The Roland JX3P has a supergood sequencer (polyphonic step sequencer!) and trigger input, no arpeggiator but you can do that with the sequencer too

I agree, triggering the 3P's sequencer from a 707 can lead to very creative and unexpected results, especially when you space the trigger steps unevenly.

7 (edited by computerdisco 2011-09-08 12:59:17)

Can I also Mention the DSI mopho can take a trigger from an audio signal too.. it can be used to step through any or all the 4 internal sequencers.. cool

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

computerdisco wrote:

Can I also Mention the DSI mopho can take a trigger from an audio signal too.. it can be used to step through any or all the 4 internal sequencers.. cool

awesome! this would be perfect.

oh and thanks all. I have a friend with a 3P and I will borrow it for "experiments"